Did You "Self-Gift"?

Yamaki

Not For Hire
Subscriber
How many of you did a bit of "self-gifting" this year?

This doesn't have to be about audio specifically.

What did you purchase that YOU wanted for Christmas for yourself?

I ended up with a cable upgrade, a nice Denon DVD-2910 (thanks 1973BuickGS!!!) and a new to me pair of speakers. And that was just in the audio category! :D

So what did "Santa Self" get for you?

Last edited:
I am planning of giving myself a Christmas gift this year.
It's not audio this time but a upgrade of my game pc.
I am buying a second AMD R9 270x graphicscard for Cristmas.

I think i am doing ok in audio for a while altough i have to redo the surrounds of my Celestion Ditton 15's as the woofer surrounds are broken.

OK, follow this logic.

My S.O. gives me cash and a small trinket. Like, say, some Vinyl or a CD that she knows I like.

Sounds dimple, yes? Follow thusly. I give her jewelry, like, say, a diamond necklace or a designer watch and diamond earrings. Not cheap stuff. I also give her some cash to buy what she wants. Coincidentally, she gives me the same amount of cash back, thus, I get my money back, save the diamond necklace, watch, and/or diamond earrings.

Thusly, I take this money from her, that came originally from me, to a store and buy something. Usually an Audio store, but sometimes Half Priced Books and buy a bunch of used Vinyl. So, my gift only cost me what I buy her plus my own money. Q.E.D.

So, yes, I self gift, if you follow that logic. ;)

Luxman c-120a Preamp. Off of fleabay....I paid too much but oh is it pretty!

Pic borrowed from the web>
I hope UPSclause gets mine here before Christmas:)

attachment.php

Attachments

• 492226-luxman_m120a_power_amp_amp_matching_luxman_c120a_pre_rosewood_cases.jpg
    492226-luxman_m120a_power_amp_amp_matching_luxman_c120a_pre_rosewood_cases.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 109
Last edited by a moderator:
My Bogen DS-225 and the parts to rebuild it shall be my to-me gift. That, and those two nice pairs of really warm fuzzy socks. Sounds silly, but I think I have gotten more enjoyment out of those socks recently than anything else in the last 6 months. Its so nice to wake up with warm feet.

OK, follow this logic.

My S.O. gives me cash and a small trinket. Like, say, some Vinyl or a CD that she knows I like.

Sounds dimple, yes? Follow thusly. I give her jewelry, like, say, a diamond necklace or a designer watch and diamond earrings. Not cheap stuff. I also give her some cash to buy what she wants. Coincidentally, she gives me the same amount of cash back, thus, I get my money back, save the diamond necklace, watch, and/or diamond earrings.

Thusly, I take this money from her, that came originally from me, to a store and buy something. Usually an Audio store, but sometimes Half Priced Books and buy a bunch of used Vinyl. So, my gift only cost me what I buy her plus my own money. Q.E.D.

So, yes, I self gift, if you follow that logic. ;)

Wellllll...almost....

The part where she give you BACK the money seems illogical. :D

Wellllll...almost....

The part where she give you BACK the money seems illogical. :D

I know. Well she knows how much I'm giving her, so she gives me the same amount. It's the thought that counts, I suppose. But to her, it's logical. Interesting is life. ;)

My "me gift" was the Technics ST-9600 tuner,Technics SU-9600 pre-amp,and Technics SE-9600 power-amp stack,and very pleased I am with 'em too!

I've bought myself the new Jake Bugg LP Shangri-la. It's the first new LP (not re-release or used) that I've bought since about 1989. This kid will rock the drivers on the Chrismas holliday :guitar:

Luxman c-120a Preamp. Off of fleabay....I paid too much but oh is it pretty!

Pic borrowed from the web>
I hope UPSclause gets mine here before Christmas:)

That is purty!

Here's to a safe and quick delivery!

I am planning of giving myself a Christmas gift this year.
It's not audio this time but a upgrade of my game pc.
I am buying a second AMD R9 270x graphicscard for Cristmas.

I think i am doing ok in audio for a while altough i have to redo the surrounds of my Celestion Ditton 15's as the woofer surrounds are broken.

Nice graphics upgrade! When will you start in on the surrounds?

Back
Top Bottom