Did You "Self-Gift"?

I saw this gear on CL and with the wife's blessing I picked it up. The owner moved down here from a big house up north and didn't have room/ "changed priorities" and listed it all together. He dismantled his HT ( except the screen and projector) it is all mint and in original boxes with manuals, etc. He was also big into tweaks - he gave me everything- pucks, cable elevators , markers, all the cables/ power cords/speaker cables were upgraded to ones the size of garden hoses - all of it is super high gear and sounds amazing - of course I have to "pay the house back" but it really is an early Xmas present for myself.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 21
Thanks. Been using my wife's keyboard 3g which is great but I have hard time differentiating rn and m. Also look forward to built in light especially when airline light is out :yes:

Yes, it's quite awesome. I have the keyboard 3g as well. And the new new Paperwhite. The Paperwhite really is amazing. And that built in light is superb for in bed or on planes.

I gifted myself a Nook Color a few years ago, then a Nook Tablet last year. I also have the Kindle Fire. I happen to prefer the Nooks for a color "tablet" reader, but for pure reading? The Kindle Paperwhite is the king, IMO.

In my next life, I want to come back as Jeff Bezos. Amazon is going to end up being larger than Walmart and Microsoft combined. What a company.

Enjoy!

I always give great gifts to everyone but get crappy ones in return ( I'm used to it), so I always treat myself to something at this time of year. This month I bought a new ipad air and a Peachtree dac it. Still might buy a phono pre.

I bought a Jelco SA-250 tonearm for my AR ES-1.

I bought the table from the original owner. When the table arrived and after unpacking what amounted to the worst packing job I have seen, the table had a couple gouges and scrapes on the cheery wood. Unbeknownst to me there was more damage than I thought.

Sent the table to Marc Morin for repairs, he tells me that the sapphire bearing had been shattered and the tonearm is damaged. Final payment will be made on the 31st, and the tonearm should arrive first or second week of January.

Marc has offered me the opportunity to come to Columbus and pick up the table, and for me to audition the table in his home. I guess you could say this is the gift of all gifts, and one I am looking forward to next month.

I always give great gifts to everyone but get crappy ones in return ( I'm used to it), so I always treat myself to something at this time of year. This month I bought a new ipad air and a Peachtree dac it. Still might buy a phono pre.

^^^^ That is why I tend to do a little self gifting. You should see some of the stuff I get sometimes. :no:

I bought a Jelco SA-250 tonearm for my AR ES-1.

I bought the table from the original owner. When the table arrived and after unpacking what amounted to the worst packing job I have seen, the table had a couple gouges and scrapes on the cheery wood. Unbeknownst to me there was more damage than I thought.

Sent the table to Marc Morin for repairs, he tells me that the sapphire bearing had been shattered and the tonearm is damaged. Final payment will be made on the 31st, and the tonearm should arrive first or second week of January.

Marc has offered me the opportunity to come to Columbus and pick up the table, and for me to audition the table in his home. I guess you could say this is the gift of all gifts, and one I am looking forward to next month.

That is the gift that keeps on giving! :D

Pricey but fabulous, the new age Lava Lamp.

I bought a DeWalt Drill Driver and Impact driver Li Ion combo to supplement a NiCad drill driver I bought a couple of years ago, plus a foldable extension ladder, stuff I've been meaning to get for a few years.

As for audio, I have bought but not yet received something that I must arrange shipping for. I can't talk about it yet, but can offer a glimpse, I don't like to count on anything till its in my hands:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Picture 269.jpg
    Picture 269.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 174
If anyone is interested in my latest "from me to me" gifts just check my BT Media post history...Ha! Have some killer albums on their way :music:

"Guilty!": 'Dock' for Apple Magic Trackpad & Wireless Keyboard; and a 'Seagate Wireless Plus', arrived yesterday [Happy 'BB Playbook'!]. 'On-line tracking' says that a 'HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 Asynchronous USB DAC', reached the UK, on Friday. And, negotiations are progressing with a guy for his 'Aune T1'!

Cheers, og

self gift

My wife finally got a new computer. It is a rebuilt Mac Mini from Apple. Very nice. The of course a new monitor to match. And of course a rebuilt Mac kbd. from the local digital rebuild shop here in Las Cruces, Edgar Digital Computers. No affiliation.

I on the other hand got the first piece of new audio gear in 20 years. A new JBL center channel speaker from JBL Harman online. Really nice sound.
We needed better intelligibility on our big system and now it is all JBL.

Paul

"Guilty!": 'Dock' for Apple Magic Trackpad & Wireless Keyboard; and a 'Seagate Wireless Plus', arrived yesterday [Happy 'BB Playbook'!]. 'On-line tracking' says that a 'HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 Asynchronous USB DAC', reached the UK, on Friday. And, negotiations are progressing with a guy for his 'Aune T1'!

Cheers, og

My wife finally got a new computer. It is a rebuilt Mac Mini from Apple. Very nice. The of course a new monitor to match. And of course a rebuilt Mac kbd. from the local digital rebuild shop here in Las Cruces, Edgar Digital Computers. No affiliation.

I on the other hand got the first piece of new audio gear in 20 years. A new JBL center channel speaker from JBL Harman online. Really nice sound.
We needed better intelligibility on our big system and now it is all JBL.

Paul

Nicely done, gentlemen! No guilt should be felt, oldgringo...look at it as insuring that you are as happy as the others for whom you purchased a gift!

That JBL is a good setup, Paul! Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom