2013 Secret Santa delivers -- The Official "What'd'ya get?" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:banana: My Secret Santa has delivered! :banana: I got a gift certificate from Soundstage Direct so I scooted right over there to go shopping. Hey there Secret Santa this is what you got me! I actually don't have this on vinyl and this is a 200gm remaster from the original tapes. How cool is that! THANK YOU SANTA! :D
maurice_abravanel_mahler_symphony_of_a_thousand-L.jpg

Yes I have, and yes I do. :D :yes: Over the years I have tuned in off and on and was always a bit lost. Now though, I shall sit myself down this Holiday week and watch till I can't watch no more. That should be around Friday. :banana::banana::D

For the others reading this thread, I came home today and the second half of my Secret Santa gift was waiting on my desk.

The complete Cowboy Bebop collection. It is perfect. One of those unexpected things that hits all the cool buttons. Thank you once again! :yes:

P.S. I've already let the family know that I will be stealing the TV tonight. :D My daughter is trying not to sound excited, but I have a sneaking suspicion she will hang around and watch. Who can ask for more than that. :thmbsp:

Heh, I hope you enjoy them as much as my family does, my boys introduced them to me and its great fun, plus fabulous music. The soundtracks are available on CD and also well worth seeking out on their own. I'd glad your daughter finds an interest in it. Although I wouldn't say Fay Valentine is the best role model, she has a lot of redeeming value and her story is a strong one.

"Who can ask for more than that"

Well, as the Car Talk guys used to say "Welcome to the Third half of the show!" Watch out for the Stampede, and Love and Peace! You're about to hit the "Tri"-fecta. Heh, enjoy!

Sorry, I didn't see this thread. I got a $35.00 gift certificate from SoundStageDirect.com.

I had never shopped there before, great stuff. Thanks to my secret Santa!

We open our presents today in Germany.

Well - I got socks, socks, some more socks, three books, a teddy bear (from my sister) and a Dual stylus microscope (from myself).

I got an Amazon gift card from my Santa, who shall remain nameless from everyone else. I've been told it's part 1 of 2!

Meanwhile, my recipient's gift is stuck in a quagmire of international politics and intrigue. :sigh:

customs i presume?:D

SS gift arrived today.A round neon sign with the Yamaha tuning forks in the center.:thmbsp:

Heh, I hope you enjoy them as much as my family does, my boys introduced them to me and its great fun, plus fabulous music. The soundtracks are available on CD and also well worth seeking out on their own. I'd glad your daughter finds an interest in it. Although I wouldn't say Fay Valentine is the best role model, she has a lot of redeeming value and her story is a strong one.

"Who can ask for more than that"

Well, as the Car Talk guys used to say "Welcome to the Third half of the show!" Watch out for the Stampede, and Love and Peace! You're about to hit the "Tri"-fecta. Heh, enjoy!

Well, now I am speechless. Now I am going to be full couch potato this week. The complete Trigun series. This one I haven't seen before. Looks good. I have an all-nighter of smoking tomorrows dinner, so I will put a big dent on these. :yes:

Now which one? Decisions, decisions. :scratch2:

Got a couple of nice German glass bottles from my Secret Santa that sound sweet in my amp!!

Thank you, AK Secret Santa!!

attachment.php

Last edited:
Part two arrived. A cool poster of records, all different labels.

Titled: I love the sound of vinyl in the morning

(I have nearly all these records.) :banana:

¡Gracias, Santa!

Attachments

• sound of vinyl.jpg
    sound of vinyl.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 21
Just received mine! Soundstagedirect.com gift certificate. Now comes the hard work, should I pickup out some new music or purchase one of those premium record cleaning solutions that they feature? Thank you

Nothing arrived yet. I won't be able to check the mail again until the 2nd so I'll check back then. Going to rshep's neck o' the woods for a week.

My SS got me a Sound Stage Direct gift certificate. I put it towards:

Lana Del Ray on vinyl and The Clash on vinyl

:thmbsp:Time to round out my education!:D Secret Santa sent me, 'The Real Frank Zappa Book" by Frank Zappa and an Amazon gift certificate. Thanks Brian!:tresbon: You are a gentleman & a scholar!

Just finished shopping at Amazon

'Bless It's Pointed Little Head' by Jefferson Airplane
'Band Of Gypsy's' by Jimi Hendrix
'Let it Bleed' by The Stones
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom