What is your holy grail?

About 3 months ago, I got pipped in a auction in Japan for a DP-100. I was outbid by $5 at the final bid. :tears:

**** I was annoyed.

Too bad. I'd love to know how it compares to your Yamaha (I almost mentioned it in my holy grail list, but the styling is just too un-esoteric).

Too bad. I'd love to know how it compares to your Yamaha (I almost mentioned it in my holy grail list, but the styling is just too un-esoteric).

When correctly isolated the Yamaha is so good that in the end I don't care what else is around at any price. The GT 2000 will kick the snot out of 99% of what is out there, when correctly isolated.

I say that without hearing 100% of what is out there solely because the performance when isolated hits such heights that I've heard nothing whether it be digital, analogue, or anything which manifests such a realistic portrayal of sitting in front of either an orchestra or a live group. The gap is 'Seven League Boots' stuff. I personally think that the GT 2000 is greatly benefiting from the isolation due to the 2000's inherently high performance level, and that similarly high performance turntables could all massively benefit from correct isolation. I even think from the posts I am reading on the 'net, that suspended turntables also benefit from an additional true isolation strategy.

What is your holy grail

A schematic or Service manual for a Yamaha A-2000.

A complete Krell system would be great but I'll never spend that much on audio gear so I keep my desires fairly simple.

My holy grail was the Pioneer Spec 2 amp, but I have one coming in a week or two so I guess I'll have to find a new grail to desire.

Maybe the Pioneer Elite C-91/M-91 preamp and amp combo.

attachment.php

Attachments

• M91C91_003.jpg
    M91C91_003.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 236
When correctly isolated the Yamaha is so good that in the end I don't care what else is around at any price. The GT 2000 will kick the snot out of 99% of what is out there, when correctly isolated.

I say that without hearing 100% of what is out there solely because the performance when isolated hits such heights that I've heard nothing whether it be digital, analogue, or anything which manifests such a realistic portrayal of sitting in front of either an orchestra or a live group. The gap is 'Seven League Boots' stuff. I personally think that the GT 2000 is greatly benefiting from the isolation due to the 2000's inherently high performance level, and that similarly high performance turntables could all massively benefit from correct isolation. I even think from the posts I am reading on the 'net, that suspended turntables also benefit from an additional true isolation strategy.

What about the Gt2000x , can it beat that , huh .... :)

What about the Gt2000x , can it beat that , huh .... :)

Dont get annoyed get even :) Go for this one, there's a buy it now ....

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...able+&_nkw=Yamaha+gt+2000+turntable+&_sacat=0

Like I said previously; Once the GT 2000 has been optimally isolated, it'll stand toe to toe with most of anything that is out there. What do I base that assumption upon? Over 35+ years of listening to the gear that is getting the great reviews. I also feel that any exceptional turntable could benefit from isolation. The GT 2000x included.

That's why I switched my purchase from a new turntable (another Ultra direct drive turntable) to a Soundsmith Strain Gauge cartridge.

http://dagogo.com/soundsmith-sg-220-strain-gauge-cartridge-system

The GT 2000 with optimised isolation is worthy of a great cartridge. That from a 'turntable-first' on the heirarchy believer. The GT 2000 is good enough.

Last edited:
Kenwood KR9050... :smoke:

Wonder why SAE has disappeared from peoples minds the way it has? THose of us who remember it, remember it very fondly.

Staring at my old SAE R102 that needs a speaker relay, then it will live once again :yes:

Most of my holy grail components use thermionic valves, but one of my SS holy grails is the Sony TAN-8550. I fell in love with the looks of one years ago, then discovered one in the basement of my great uncle's house after he passed away. It's never leaving (other than to go to my tech for a full on resto sometime this year).

sony_tan_8550-1.jpg

Sansui AU-X1 integrated amp for it's ultra superb sound quality which I listen to every night (out of all the amps I've got or have ever owned,this one's the best according to my ears).Also,mustn't forget the Trio Supreme 1 amp for it's mega rarity and outstanding build...Sound quality doesn't go amiss either!

A complete Krell system would be great but I'll never spend that much on audio gear so I keep my desires fairly simple.

My holy grail was the Pioneer Spec 2 amp, but I have one coming in a week or two so I guess I'll have to find a new grail to desire.

Maybe the Pioneer Elite C-91/M-91 preamp and amp combo.

attachment.php

BAM! BAM! BAM!
along with a Elite TOL Tape deck and Elite cd player
With a set of infinity RSII speakers

I don't know if I mentioned it before, and it's WAYY below what most of you are dreaming about, but I would love another pair of Infinity RS4b's. This time with the bases and grills. I loved the sound of the ones I had.

Back
Top Bottom