It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

onwardjames

Hoardimus Maximus
Subscriber
I thought on how 2014 has started for myself with some very bad news concerning a friend, illnesses, wife ruptured a tendon in her finger, I got massive learning to do with new job....let's just say 2014 has stumbled out of the gate.

So, why not have an ongoing thread where we post something we found on cyberspace, or in the news, or wherever, that put a smile on our face?

Feel free to post ANYTHING (no nudes, haha, or anything religious/political..) that has put a smile on your face.

Smiling releases endorphins, and who couldn't use that??

I found this, and just had to share.

h109EC865

OK, an OLD, OLD audio joke.........

This little old lady goes into a high fi store with an old record.
She was looking to buy a turntable.

The salesman put the LP on a really nice (INSERT BRAND HERE) turntable.
After about a minute the tonearm skipped 200 grooves before continuing to play. "Oh My....was that the record" she asked.
"No, the record is 720 grooves" said the salesman without cracking a smile.

Have you seen this thread, yet? Put a smile on my face today. The quote that I mentioned in it might be a good fit for you.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=568603

I'll also put up a quick conversation I had with my kid on the way to pre-school on Monday.

Her: "Dad".
Me: "Yes"?
Her: "When we get home from pre-school later, can we listen to jazz"?
Me: "Yes. Yes we can".

I know she'll hear(and probably like) plenty of crummy music as she grows up, but I love that she's open to hearing something beyond what kids today are "supposed" to listen to. And she's not bs-ing me. I catch her tapping her toes and bobbing her head A LOT.

Hang in there. I had a pretty bad start to 2013, but it got better.:thmbsp:

Have you seen this thread, yet? Put a smile on my face today.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=568603

I'll also put up a quick conversation I had with my kid on the way to pre-school on Monday.

Her: "Dad".
Me: "Yes"?
Her: "When we get home from pre-school later, can we listen to jazz"?
Me: "Yes. Yes we can".

I know she'll hear(and probably like) plenty of crummy music as she grows up, but I love that she's open to hearing something beyond what kids today are "supposed" to listen to. And she's not bs-ing me. I catch her tapping her toes and bobbing her head A LOT.

Hang in there. I had a pretty bad start to 2013, but it got better.:thmbsp:

Thank you Kris, and loved hearing about you and the daughter. I'll check that link.

ANYTHING THAT ENTERTAINED YOU OR LIGHTENED YOUR HEART, please post, give a description, link, whatever. Life is short, and pleasures can be few.

Here's a link to my grandson discovering Queen. I've played that tune 4 or 5 times, and INSTANTLY he's bobbing and dancing.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1442808035933699

Last edited:
I've had a pretty shitty week or 10 days myself. Been snowed in and cooped up because of the snow. Some schmuck screwed me out of $265 on ebay. One of my cats has been very sick.

Then out of the blue I get a package in the mail. My brother, whom I work for, sent me a Dell laptop as a bonus for working for him in 2013! :yikes: That literally lifted the dark cloud that has been hanging over my head.

In the past, even when working for big fat companies worth BILLIONS, I've not received as nice of a gift before. Cheap effin' bastards!

My bro is one uber-cool dude! :yes:

ren-n-stimpy.gif

Last edited:
That link doesn't work for me, onward.

I do have a Queen memory, though. I have a vivid memory of me as a youngster in the late 70s.

I remember being in the backseat of whatever vehicle my dad was driving at the time(I think it was an old Nova, and the chance of me wearing seat belt was sub 5%), listening to We Will Rock You. I have no idea why, because Queen is NOT his thing. I laughed my ass off at the "Mud on your face, big disgrace" bit. I reminded him about it years later, and he denied ever owning ANY Queen EVER, but I told him about my memory, and it came back to him. He was kinda shocked that I remembered.

I still give him the gears about his "Queen faze" every so often.:D

Last edited:
I've had a pretty shitty week or 10 days myself. Been snowed in and cooped up because of the snow. Some schmuck screwed me out of $265 on ebay. One of my cats has been very sick.

Then out of the blue I get a package in the mail. My brother, whom I work for, sent me a Dell laptop as a bonus for working for him in 2013! :yikes: That literally lifted the dark cloud that has been hanging over my head.

In the past, even when working for big fat companies worth BILLIONS, I've not received as nice of a gift before. Cheap effin' bastards!

My bro is one uber-cool dude! :yes:

ren-n-stimpy.gif

Glad to hear things are getting better, Dr. Morbius. When it rains, it doth pour, doesn't it. I'll recheck that link.

How' this?

I'm loving it. Isn't that their slogan? To beat all, they quit selling the semi-edible angus burger. Buddy on the inside said the meat was costing them too much. Argghhh!

Keep 'em coming.

Back
Top Bottom