What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

onwardjames

Hoardimus Maximus
Subscriber
So, I'm listening to NPR this morning, and as always, the announcer says

"Today, expect a high of 80 degrees."

I worked in radio as a DJ for 12 years. One of the cardinal sins back then was to state "Degrees". I mean, hell, OF COURSE it is degrees. What else would it be? Kelvins? Ohms? Yards?

:D

So, with this very lighthearted thread, let us all blow off a little frustration, perhaps have a few laughs, and share some of the things that make us itch in impossible to scratch locations.

One of my all time pet peeves.

Me to young waitress/cashier/etc - "Thank you!"

reply from young waitress/cashier/etc - "No problem."

When did this become the standard reply? What happened to "You're welcome." The implication was "Hey, I was busy, you interrupted me, but it's "no problem".

I'm 41 years old, going on 100. :D

Anything goes, but please, no political or other things the forum rules do not allow.

Last edited:
I get annoyed with both Wind Chill instead of actual Temp in Winter, and that stupid Feels Like Temp for Summer with Humidity.

Just tell me the freakin Temperature and whether it is windy or humid.

If it is 90 degrees and the wind is blowing at 5mph, what is the wind chill?

The scrolls on tv news or sports broadcasts, particularly the brilliant musings on the never ending twitter feeds. Observations such as "It sure is hot today LOL" or "I really like dogs more than cats."are not helpful or interesting in any way.

I say 'no problem' far too much, (often in the wrong context), but I do put a Scottish twist on it sometimes and say 'nae bother' :)

Lots of things rub me up the wrong way - can't think of one in particular at the moment. :smoke:

Remember, nailer, this is simply for fun.

hi ball, I can't understand the drivers who do not grasp the concept of "right lane, slower traffic, left lane FASTER traffic."

EDIT - It should be, right lane is for driving, left lane is for passing. Not sure WHY I wrote the wrong thing here. Perhaps I'm part of the problem?

Is that difficult or something?

People who say a kid is "misCHEEVEious". It's "mischief" and so therefore, if one is prone to that state, you would add "ous" which gives us "mischievous"

Last edited:
Looking at homework that my kids bring home and one of the questions after something they read is, "What was your favorite part?" The passages read can range from a paragraph to a book. HEY!! Maybe they don't have a favorite part! Maybe they just dug the whole thing - OR DIDN'T!! To ask that question, especially after the shorter reading passages, is absurd!!

Diner: "I would like a cheeseburger plain."

Waitress: "Do you want cheese on that?"

Drivers in such a hurry they pull completely across the white line and sit blocking the cross walk. Or stop behind the line but continue to inch forward while waiting for the light until completely blocking the cross walk.

Someone riding a bicycle on the left side of the road.

The channel logo in the bottom right corner of every network. I selected History channel an hour ago, I don't need a ****ing reminder of what channel I'm on. Oh and please give me 5 commercials for other crap on History that I'll likely be watching later anyway.

When the attorney says to me: "when you have a free minute"

People that snap their chewing gum.

Women that glob on the perfume (usually cheap perfume too)

... People that talk all day long at work then profess that they are introverts

The channel logo in the bottom right corner of every network. I selected History channel an hour ago, I don't need a ****ing reminder of what channel I'm on. Oh and please give me 5 commercials for other crap on History that I'll likely be watching later anyway.

Very annoying, but pretty sure it is done these days for Copyright Protection.

Back
Top Bottom