Technics SL-QL5 Lid Switch?

guest111

I have a technics SL-QL5 turntable with a missing lid switch. It's a tiny microswitch, situated at the back, which tells the turntable when the lid has been lifted. Unfortunately this one is missing completely - someone had attempted to repair this table before and removed the old switch.

Does anyone know where I can get one of these, or which one I need? From memory, it's a tiny microswitch with the contacts on the side as opposed to the back... but hoping someone in the know might be able to advise as to the exact part.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

Thanks - I've checked the service manual, and it does have a Technics part number. However, that part is long since out of production, and it doesn't say what switch is used - only the part number for the little board that it's soldered too.

You will have to search online for a generic switch that functions the same and physically resembles the original.

I have a technics SL-QL5 turntable with a missing lid switch. It's a tiny microswitch, situated at the back, which tells the turntable when the lid has been lifted.

did you ever find a resolution to this? i acquired an sl-q6 that suffers from the same condition, but with the switch intact. i will post a new thread with pictures of the loose broken pieces to see if anyone knows how to fix it; otherwise, i will have to go the replacement route like you.

did you ever find a resolution to this? i acquired an sl-q6 that suffers from the same condition, but with the switch intact. i will post a new thread with pictures of the loose broken pieces to see if anyone knows how to fix it; otherwise, i will have to go the replacement route like you.
I have an SL-10 with an irreplaceable broken lid switch as well. Iirc, I bypassed it to get the thing working, but seem to recall that it somehow needed to be reset /rebooted for functionality, perhaps switching off and on. Not sure, it's been a while.

Back
Top Bottom