Did I just scroe? NRG Class A monoblocks

Dazaa

These turned up at an electronics place I frequent. I mean I've never seen anything like these before I thought they were worth taking a risk on. Can anyone tell me anything about them? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411225035.145665.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1411225086.804427.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know but they look like monsters. I hope you made a wise decision. Good luck!

cubdog

488.75 US Dollar

I think you need to tell us if everything is working or not. People don't tend to scrap things that are in great working order. They might have needed to be repaired and that cost exceeded the value of the equipment.

They were made in Walled Lake Mi my home town.. They were NRG control ..They were really short lived and built as Krell killers.. They are beasts and RARE as hens teeth as they were only out about a year or so.. GREAT FIND.. They will drive any load speaker with ease.

They were made in Walled Lake Mi my home town.. They were NRG control ..They were really short lived and built as Krell killers.. They are beasts and RARE as hens teeth as they were only out about a year or so.. GREAT FIND.. They will drive any load speaker with ease.

That's interesting. Now I'm really interested to find out if they are working properly.

cubdog

those look like a lot of fun :D

the sticker on the back in the 2nd pic looks like it says they're set to 120v... wonder how on earth they ended up over here...

the link mad shadows posted did mention they could be set to run on 240 though...

Line voltage: 100/120/200/220/240 VAC, 50/60 Hz. Dealer configured.

might be able to have them set to run properly without needing massive step down transformers

I believe those operate in what my children refer to as "Beast Mode"! They are absolutely monumental or monolithic! Hope you have a concrete floor or well braced framing, not to mention a fuse box from "specialty electronics" side of the store.

Great Score

The positive and negative speaker outputs look awfully close together. Accidentally short the amp type close together.

I remember seeing the ads for them when they were new. I'd call it a scroe for the price. :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom