Blu-Ray Ownership Poll (Please Vote and Post)

Which option best describes your current status with the Blu-Ray format?

• I am already an owner of a Blu-ray device.

Votes: 220 45.2%
  • I do not own a Blu-Ray Player, but I may buy one in the next 3 months.

Votes: 22 4.5%
  • I do not own a Blu-Ray DVD Player, but it is very likely that I will, someday.

Votes: 141 29.0%
  • I do not own a Blu-Ray DVD Player and I do not intend to purchase one.

Votes: 97 19.9%
  • Something else. Please tell us.

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a OPPO BDP 103. Owned for about 5-6 months. From my experience is super all around. Still digging in to all the extras.
Ron

no BlueRay
no HDTV... but thinking about it
no Xbox or PS-whatever
no NetFlix
no Tablet
no SmartPhone or cell phone for that matter

I might be stuck back at the turn of the century

:lurk:

no BlueRay
no Xbox or PS-whatever
no NetFlix
no Tablet

I grew up with newspapers ,print magazines ,radio , B/W TV and rotary dial phones we got by fine . It's information overload these days :(

no BlueRay
no Xbox or PS-whatever
no NetFlix
no Tablet

I too grew up in the 50's and I can do without a cell phone ( wife has one she still works) I am retired now. But HD TV is must LOL over the years I have tried cable, Direct TV etc I am with DISH now for HD TV their "Hooper" DVR has 2000 hours of memory for storing movies etc and it has killer DD 5.1 audio with 1080I video and Sirius HD radio. I had Verizon FIOS for HD TV it too has Great audio and video but it was too expensive and the DISH "Hooper" is a much better DVR. I have a Sony PS3 (Play Station 3) I use for a CD music player, Bluray or DVD movie disc player as it will stream movies from Netflix etc and has Windows Media so I can view Youtube etc on my 55" flat screen.My Grand Kids play video games on it.....me too now. The PS3 has a lot more features for dialing in color setting and audio setting then most Bluray players and now that the PS4 is out the older PS3 have dropped in price big time( I purchased mine used). Rent a movie at Red Box at the 7/11 near our home for a $1.50 or so and watch a new movie. The price for going to a movie theater is really expensive for two with drinks etc $30.00 or so for one movie and fight traffic etc:thumbsdn:........ HD TV from DISH and PS3 works for me with my HD AVR and 5.2 HT speaker system.

Again growing up it was B/W TV (later color) 4-6 local channels ,Radio ,Vynil and rotary dial phones .

Now it's 4 PC's ,5 1080p TV's, Dish,IPTV, Roku ,Amazon prime,Netflix ,PS3, NAS server + LAN, Dish TV , OTA TV , Broadband , Shortwave , VHF, smartphones 5.1 AVR + speakers on main TV , dedicated studio + Workstation for music and ~ $250.00 a month for all the TV ,phone IPTV and ISP services. PS3 and PC BD ODD are the blu ray players here. Lot's of stuff to try to keep from getting bored in retirement :(

Last edited:
Hi,I own a Yamaha BDS-2900 (Japan made),2 years ago bought it on ebay was like in new conditio,n original box,pay $400.Very happy before I have Panasonic,very good quality,sound great and use it in my HI-Fi stereo,at the price I paid,it satisfy me.For my daughter I find another use one pay $150.00,right away she saw a big difference with a previous DVD.

I have a Cambridge Audio Azur 650BD region free multi-disc player(Au$1300). Musically superb and great for Blurays/Home Theatre. It's ability to extract info from any disc is astounding! Very happy.

no BlueRay
no Xbox or PS-whatever
no NetFlix
no Tablet

Update...
HDTV - Samsung plasma 60" 8500
BluRay - Samsung BD-F7500
but still...
no Xbox or PS-whatever
no NetFlix but, I do have Amazon Prime (free shipping)
no Tablet

:crazy:

Guess I'll weigh in on this thread that seems to have evolved over the years.

I have a 1080p 50" Samsung LCD I just picked up second hand (replaced a 40").

I also have PS3, XBOne, and PC running through an HDMI A/V receiver.

4k sounds cool and everything, but I don't have the screen size to justify it, and I have no intention of sitting a foot away from my TV either. Not even counting nothing I have can drive/carry it. You all go on ahead with the 4k though, because that means that everyone is dumping all of their really good 1080p stuff really cheaply, and that works for me!

I still plan to continue expansion of my BluRay collection, because compression is annoying, and still a major issue with 4k content currently being delivered.

I have a Pioneer BDP-80FD I got on an open box special with a Vizio 58" 4k I got on a black friday sale. They work very well together and the Pioneer plays SACD and & DVD-Audio discs and sounds wonderful doing so.

What's everyone going to do when the new 4K uhd Blu-ray format becomes the latest disc format this summer or fall?

What's everyone going to do when the new 4K uhd Blu-ray format becomes the latest disc format this summer or fall?
I will continue to buy 1080p copies until they realize that they should be selling UHD copies with normal BD copies added in, much like normal BD ships with DVD

Back
Top Bottom