2014 -- Secret Santa Delivers - The "What'd ya get?" thread

luvvinvinyl

My best pal, Molly
Subscriber
Okay, folks. Post up what you got from your Secret Santa, whether you do like I do, and open it right away, or you wait till Dec. 25. (I hate waiting!)

(If your gift doesn't arrive, please let me know via PM. Thanks)

I got TWO Junior Kimbrough records!!!!!

Most things Haven't Worked Out

All Night Long

Santa is very clever, because he found the two titles I don't have!

Thanks, Santa. I'm really going to enjoy these.

I just have to say without Ernie and a lot of you around here It would be hard for me to get in the spirit for Christmas. But you all make me slow down and enjoy the people around me.

I couldn't research the person I sent a gift to, I had no username :(

The gift is something unique though :)

xmd6yuPl.jpg

Thank you Montycat!

:lurk: my recipient may have to wait a bit until I get my daughter home from the hospital, but fear not, Santa will come through.

Got home and there was a package! I cheated like Ernie and opened mine right away. :) My SS got me two Ty Segall CD's: "Sleeper" and "Twins". I've been jonesing for some more Segall. I was hooked after hearing "Manipulator" (album of the year, IMHO) and running into dead-ends trying to find any of his other albums. Just an awesome Xmas gift. Thanks Alex (lunchbox22).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkane:
My Secret Santa recipient's in for a real surprise.

Mine too and they should get it in a day or two:thmbsp:

And how! It came today and blew me away - Seriously, this is a treat!

Jeff Beck Live at Ronnie Scott's and a MOFI copy of Dylan "The Times They are a Changin'" - both sealed and pristine along with a very nice card.

Thanks, Dan!

(How'd you know I like rekkids?) :banana:

Got home and there was a package! I cheated like Ernie and opened mine right away. :) My SS got me two Ty Segall CD's: "Sleeper" and "Twins". I've been jonesing for some more Segall. I was hooked after hearing "Manipulator" (album of the year, IMHO) and running into dead-ends trying to find any of his other albums. Just an awesome Xmas gift. Thanks Alex (lunchbox22).

I'm glad to hear that!! I saw that you posted about Segall, but I was worried you may have already picked up those albums. It's nice to hear they were appreciated!

I got a book, Get Better Sound by Jim Smith. Looks like it's going to be an interesting read. Thanks SS! :D I have no idea who you are, no return address to cheat with!

I got 2 books! I love the record store book. It's all about the history of record stores, with lots of cool pictures, stories, and anecdotes. I don't know much about Jim Flora or his work, but I'm excited to dig in.
Thanks Santa!

My gift heads out to my recipient tomorrow!

IMAG1221.jpg

I'm crosschecking against my list, folks, so please post that you got your gift, even if you just say, "Got mine."

The record store book is GREAT!! I got it last year for my b-day and I am SURE you gonna love it! Now, to find that Jim Flora book! :D

I got 2 books! I love the record store book. It's all about the history of record stores, with lots of cool pictures, stories, and anecdotes. I don't know much about Jim Flora or his work, but I'm excited to dig in.
Thanks Santa!

My gift heads out to my recipient tomorrow!

IMAG1221.jpg

My SS sent a nice box of Recchiuti artisan chocolates from San Francisco, yummm! Chocolate is my favorite flavor! Thanks Santa!

102.jpg

Secret Santa hit a home run with my gift. It's very much appreciated. I was stumped at first. I didn't order another lp. Merry Christmas to you SS.

Back
Top Bottom