Melody AN845 Tube Amp in the House

95 pounds! Damn, that's heavy. I though my new Rogue was heavy at just 65.

Congrats, I bet it sounds awesome.

Had Melody50(KT-88) for last 5years, beautiful vocal representation(thick), less on bass(no tight bass), smooth on highs, fatigue free sound, only had issue with life of tube, need to change every 18 months once, couldn’t afford to change, tube traded with Luxman l505ux

It's weird but I could swear I read a lot out how bad 845 tubes sounded - I was rather pleasantly surprised. The Melody amps are very nice - They seemed to have changed the name from AODIXUN to Pearly series. I think they look better than the black models in person.

This amp is a beast. It sounds great with any soeaker I have thrown at it, including AR-11's, and really makes my JBL Apollos and Focal 807w's sing in a buttery creamy mellowness. I couldn't be more pleased with this amp! My tech took the cover off and says it is manufactured with fabulous parts and impeccable workmanship.

Beautiful!!! As much as I love my 2A3 SET, I really would like to try a higher powered SET such as the 845 tube.

That's funny because I feel the exact opposite - too bad we didn't live in the same town - we could have an amp time share thing going on.

That's funny because I feel the exact opposite - too bad we didn't live in the same town - we could have an amp time share thing going on.

Agreed! I could envision that beast of a Line Magnetic amp of yours siting in my listening room for a while. :thmbsp:

Hi all,

Just curious, does anyone still have his/her Melody amp? I am recently getting a pair of M845 (not here yet) monoblock, I really like they use 6SN7 (many choices), and 2A3 to drive 845 with the M845. My friend is a Tannoy and Melody dealer in an Asian country, he told me Melody is continuing updating their parts in their amps. Nowdays, it is the most respected brand in tube amps in China, Line Magnetic follows as No.2 tube brand, which is hard to believe because I like Line Magnetic's stuffs as well. Also, it is hard to understand why Melody is not catching on in the US considering how successfully they are in Asian countries.

Setup:
McIntosh D150
DeHavilland UV3 with Mundrof silver gold oil caps
McIntosh MC30
McIntosh MC30 Jeff Days/Yazaki San version
Tannoy Turnberry
Pure Audio Project speakers (in the process)

Currently I have an AN300b and SP3. I agree the Melody amps are excellent. I wish there were more of them on the market here in the USA. I’d love to try their high-powered 845 SET monoblocks.

Currently I have an AN300b and SP3. I agree the Melody amps are excellent. I wish there were more of them on the market here in the USA. I’d love to try their high-powered 845 SET monoblocks.
Did you know Melody made an SP3 in fire engine red? It was HOT!

Did you know Melody made an SP3 in fire engine red? It was HOT!

I wasn’t aware they made it in red. Must be really “hot!” It looks pretty terrific in the standard gray/pewter/silver color. Like it could have been painted by a first class auto body shop.

Here is the new generation top of the line from Melody:

29E04DA2-C432-49D5-8F08-470CC954E18D.jpeg

Much better looking in person but more than twice as expensive compare to the black line

The problem for Melody in the US is they should team up with a better known speaker brand to create a trend, not with less well know and dated ACA speakers

How does one acquire the real (not counterfeit) Melody amps in Asia, as I’ve heard to watch out for counterfeits? Would your friend sell to US customers?

Back
Top Bottom