KEF owners thread

matteos

StereoType
Subscriber
We don't have an overall KEF thread here... Just threads for specific models like the LS50 and 107... And posting in those seems like thread jacking.

So I guess I'll start one. I love this brand. Post pics of your KEFs! :thmbsp:

attachment.php

Glad I saw this thread. I am contemplating buying a pair of C75's. I understand they are not top of the line, but the price is real good, I love the look and the form factor. Going to check them out tomorrow.

My stacked Coda 8's. I can't believe I've already owned the first pair for 18 years.

Attachments

• pair.jpg
    pair.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
MY KEF Calindas:

Sorry about the mess, it was the maid's day off.

Crossovers have been replenished otherwise they are completely original and aside from a few marks on the top of the cabs they are in perfect physical and working condition. Not bad for a 40 year old bit of kit.

Hello,
I have a pair of 103/4 in living room (higher WAF)

attachment.php

and KEF 105/2 in my basement.

attachment.php

105/2 should get a recap soon with kit from Falcon.:music:

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_2371.jpg
    IMG_2371.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 561
  • IMG_2373.jpg
    IMG_2373.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 553
Last edited:
Pair of 104/2 speaks circa '86 and a pair of 104aB circa '77. Too lazy to take & post pix but you all know the appearance of these things. The 104/2 pair have a particularly nice(ly) figured rosewood veneer finish. The 104aB's a rather unispired oak veneer but they got the killer T-27 tweets (originals!) that still work perfectly. I think every day that the T-33 tweets @ the 104/2 pair will "dry" and fail, but they're still kickin' it after (almost) daily use going on 29 years. Never got 'round to integrating The Cube @ the 104/2 array.

Pair of 104/2 speaks circa '86 and a pair of 104aB circa '77. Too lazy to take & post pix but you all know the appearance of these things. The 104/2 pair have a particularly nice(ly) figured rosewood veneer finish. The 104aB's a rather unispired oak veneer but they got the killer T-27 tweets (originals!) that still work perfectly. I think every day that the T-33 tweets @ the 104/2 pair will "dry" and fail, but they're still kickin' it after (almost) daily use going on 29 years. Never got 'round to integrating The Cube @ the 104/2 array.

Love your photo! The Warriors! This movie never gets tiring! And always leaves me pumped up with adrenaline!

I have the Concerto and 105s, and have had 104aB and 104/2 both in teak. I have yet to hear a Kef I didn't like, but the Concerto have high WAF in my house, and the 105s are just awesome! All of them love lots of current!

Photos to come

I have a pair of 105/2's and a pair of 107's in transit.

Let me also add that I LOVE THE WARRIORS! I could watch it a million times. Kudos to the baseball furies!

Found this pair of 104/2's this summer. So far I have replaced the donut rings and the ferrofluid in the T-33's. They sing.

Attachments

• santa's perch.jpg
    santa's perch.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 153
Let me also add that I LOVE THE WARRIORS! I could watch it a million times. Kudos to the baseball furies!

Love your photo! The Warriors! This movie never gets tiring! And always leaves me pumped up with adrenaline!

A Warriors Appreciation Society thread is looming; if so, we should start it @ the Movies & TV Forums. My avatar is of course is the Fury Leader, played by a stuntman, not an actor, @ The Warriors film. His first name is Jerry; I don't recall his surname @ the moment.

Hey fellow KEF owners.
These guys sell on the bay also.

Simplyspeakers.com. Give them a call,very knowledgeable about the product and shipped quick and FREE.
You'll be surprised how little go in the tweeters. Easy repair too!
Happy listening
Jimmy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
I don't have much, just these. 105s circa 1978. I have the original brochure, receipt, all that stuff. Need better pictures for sure!

picture.php

I don't have much, just these. 105s circa 1978. I have the original brochure, receipt, all that stuff. Need better pictures for sure!

picture.php
Not much?
An outstanding pair of speakers! Look to be in good cosmetic shape also.
Feed them with some juice and they'll rock with the best of them!
Happy listening!
Jimmy

Back
Top Bottom