Preamp: Emotiva DMC-1
Phono Preamp: Margules Magenta FZ47dB
Turntable: JVC QL-Y66F with upgraded Grado Reference Master cartridge
Digital Source: Sonos Connect
Speakers: Altec Model 14
Subwoofer: Definitive Audio PF1500TL+
45494434e93d46ccf21132ce9b01ef09.jpg

Last edited:
Not to minimize the rest of your sweet system, but NICE ALTECS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks! I got lucky finding such wonderfully preserved, superb sounding Altecs.
I looooove the looks of those JVC tables.Gotta get me one of those!
Nice setup.
Appreciate the compliment :) I have ran a selection of tables and this is my favorite by far. It's a big, heavy table that looks as good as it sounds. This is definitely one to put on that list to own someday!

A new addition: $50 Bozak B-310B Concert Grands! I swapped out the Altecs with these and swapped in the JWN tube amp as well.
e6f6df7fa68b698c4d631695e8247043.jpg

Last edited:
A new addition: $50 Bozak B-310B Concert Grands! I swapped out the Altecs with these and swapped in the JWN tube amp as well.
e6f6df7fa68b698c4d631695e8247043.jpg

Just passed thru your town on the way back from colorado to LA - what happened to that great room with a view (looking down on St George towards Zion??)

Just passed thru your town on the way back from colorado to LA - what happened to that great room with a view (looking down on St George towards Zion??)
We ended up moving to a newer home. I sure do miss the views but this house is much nicer, more practical, and in a better neighborhood with lots of kids for my kids to play with.

Looking good, as always!

I feel your pain about moving to a new house/audio setup. Sacrifices are always necessary, but that doesn't mean the passion goes away. Great thread, and looking forward to seeing more changes/tweaks in the new digs..

Another and I think more permanent speaker swap: a fantastic pair of oiled oak Klipsch Cornwall II's. I swapped in the JWN tube amp to power them. I have yet to find a superb match for this amp but these speakers mate so well with this amp, I think they were made for each other!
d267f709ee6e4737bd44f5e935550b3d.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great. I always like that even when I haven't had time to get on AK I still see your progress on Instagram. "liked" this one a little while ago. :)

- Woody

Back
Top Bottom