Bowers & Wilkins 685 S2

That was a joke.

Sure, I get it with respect to the LS50's especially due to their price-point and the fanfare they've been receiving.

If anything I think you should add a little star to your "audiophile card" for taking the time to audition and re-audition in your own room to determine (and admit) what sounds best to you. Not what should sound best.

On a side note, I think I read you didn't like them CM's. Have you ever had the CM5 S1's where it counts (in your room) for several weeks to compare them to the LS50's?

Sure, I get it with respect to the LS50's especially due to their price-point and the fanfare they've been receiving.

If anything I think you should add a little star to your "audiophile card" for taking the time to audition and re-audition in your own room to determine (and admit) what sounds best to you. Not what should sound best.

On a side note, I think I read you didn't like them CM's. Have you ever had the CM5 S1's where it counts (in your room) for several weeks to compare them to the LS50's?

That would require buying them and even the dealer didn't recommend that. I am considering the CM6 S2, problem is the rear port.

I have the LS50's in the front room for the moment with the way under powered Sonneteer amp. Sounds OK.

Just sold my Spendors and so I am heading in a different diection. Not sure which way. I have some auditioning to do.

Since the CM S1's are the old model (great time to buy audio) you could pick them-up for a a close-out price and move them easily without a loss if you you don't like them but yes I know, that's a hassle. Let us know if you buy the CM6's. As I said I've been watching this thread with interest because at one point I was eyeballing the 685 S2's (I've also had the 686 S1's so I know the line).

During the same time period that you've been posting your thoughts on this thread, I've been comparing my CM5's to Polk LSiM 703's. I can tell you that the LSiM's moved the CM5's to the study/den. The LSiM's are in a different category. Rear ported but not as much of an issue with walls as with some speakers. Since you don't care about your "audiophile card" you may be willing to give them a listen.

I'd actually like to get a pair of PM1's in here to compare with the LSiM's (yes I think they're that good) but as you said that would mean buying them and that's not in the cards right now.

Last edited:
ProAc Studio 118's and Harbeth C7's are also on my short list. The Harbeths would require some other sales and saving but that's OK if they are the flavor that I choose.

Very little drama here...Harbeth C7ES3's it is. Just struck the deal. I will send a deposit and sell a couple more things to pay them off!

Very little drama? If I had been trying out the LS50's again here, and come home with those Harbeths, there would be plenty of drama in this household XD
They look lovely..

Very little drama? If I had been trying out the LS50's again here, and come home with those Harbeths, there would be plenty of drama in this household XD
They look lovely..

LOL!

Yeah,I just told my wife and she was happy for me because knows that was my dream speaker a couple of years ago. I settled with the Spendors when I got a great deal on them. They were wonderful. Especially the midbass driver, really special. The tweeter is the weak part of the Spendors. Gonna be fun!

Art

"Heading in a different direction" is an understatement. The C7ES-3's are a radical departure from the LS50's.

What are you going to run them with?

Very little drama here...Harbeth C7ES3's it is. Just struck the deal. I will send a deposit and sell a couple more things to pay them off!

Art K.-------Welcome back to the fold!
What took you so long?
Unfortunate the Spendors didn't workout for you. I'm not hearing any short commings with mine.
Some wonderful finishes available. What will yours be?
Again, congratulations.
Jimmy

Didn't you have a smaller version of Harbeths before?

Yes, I had the P3ESR.

"Heading in a different direction" is an understatement. The C7ES-3's are a radical departure from the LS50's.

What are you going to run them with?

My Sonneteer Campion.

Art is only heading back to his true love :smoke:

:yes:

I'll be buying Skylan stands for them.

Art K.-------Welcome back to the fold!
What took you so long?
Unfortunate the Spendors didn't workout for you. I'm not hearing any short commings with mine.
Some wonderful finishes available. What will yours be?
Again, congratulations.
Jimmy

Cherry. These were quite a stretch for me so I had to get the most reasonably priced finish.

Best of luck with them Art, just did some research on them, they look very nice.

What was the reasoning for selling the P3ESR? Trying something different?

Looking forward to your review on these. :yes: :thmbsp:

Art, congrats on your Spendor sale I know you have been back and forth for a few months with keeping them or not. Also congrats on your purchase of the Harbeth C7's! I really like those speakers and should work well with the Sonneteer amp. As for the the PM1's in your small office they would probably sound good in there. But I think they would work much better in your living room where there is more room for them to breath. Just going on my experience of owning a set of PM1's for two years now. Are the C7's going to the living room or office?

Art, congrats on your Spendor sale I know you have been back and forth for a few months with keeping them or not. Also congrats on your purchase of the Harbeth C7's! I really like those speakers and should work well with the Sonneteer amp. As for the the PM1's in your small office they would probably sound good in there. But I think they would work much better in your living room where there is more room for them to breath. Just going on my experience of owning a set of PM1's for two years now. Are the C7's going to the living room or office?

Thank you!

I'm spent so there will be no PM1's. I'll be sticking with the 685s2's and moving the Dentons and LS50's on. The C7's will be in the living room and the 685s2's in the office.

I'll be buying Skylan stands for them.

I'm sure you've done your homework and have a good reason for choosing them but FWIW I think I remember reading that A.S. preferred the Sound Anchors stands for the C7. Something about not muddying the midrange.

I'm sure you've done your homework and have a good reason for choosing them but FWIW I think I remember reading that A.S. preferred the Sound Anchors stands for the C7. Something about not muddying the midrange.

AS prefers Skylan last I read. If you can find that quote I'll buy the SA's. I want them to be at their best.

Back
Top Bottom