most creative album covers

Ummagumma is by Pink Floyd, not Captain Beyond. Still a cool cover with a picture, of a picture, of a picture, of a picture scheme with each members position being the only difference in each picture. Its cool that the CD version gives you a small poster of the original album cover.

Now Captain Beyond is a whole different story. They are really far out like Floyd used to be but definitly an entirely different entity. I have their self titled album from 1972. Great stuff. Killer guitar!!

2c_1_b.JPG

Here's a few from Yahowha 13:

Good luck finding any of these LPs.

Best 2 LPs music-wise are:

-Penetration: An Aquarian Symphony
-I'm Gonna Take You Home

yahowhagodandhairweb.jpg

yahowalogoweb.jpg

yahowaallweb.jpg

yahowaasaboveinnerweb.jpg

yahowasavageweb.jpg

yahowapentrationbackweb.jpg

yahowapentrationweb.jpg

yahowaasabovebackweb.jpg

yahowaasabovefrontweb.jpg

yahowaexpansionweb.jpg

yahowasavagebackweb.jpg

i always liked the back cover of zappa's hot rats.christine frka from the gto's peeking over the cistern.dont know how to install pix.........sorry

My Favorite Album Covers

Hi everyone. I've decided to "break my Audiokarma cherry" with this post! I've been lurking around here for awhile and couldn't resist posting. My favorite album covers are:

Boston: debut album (those spaceship guitars are too cool)
Boston: Don't Look Back
Led Zeppelin: Physical Grafitti
Elton John: Captain Fantastic and The Brown Dirt Cowboy
Steely Dan: Pretzel Logic
Pink Floyd: Animals
The Beatles: Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, Revolver and Magical Mystery Tour
Rick Wakeman: Journey To The Center of The Earth
Molly Hatchet: Flirtin' With Disaster
Deodato: 2
2001: A Space Odyssey
Kansas: Point of No Return
Kiss: Destroyer

Here's one that is actually pretty good IMO for artwork:

honkytonk.jpg

Now, here's one that leaves you wondering if someone was on something:

strings3.jpg

Part of the bottom was cut off on the scan, but on it, there's a little village below! So is Hank the sunshine or are they implying that is God looking down on them?:scratch2:

Here's another Hank album cover that was done up fairly good:

wanderin.jpg

Sunburst Finish by Be-Bop Deluxe

I always kind of liked this cover of Sunburst Finish by Be-Bop Deluxe - don't know why:D :D
attachment.php

- Richard B.

Attachments

• Sunburst Finish.jpg
    Sunburst Finish.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 612
Rat44 said:
Remember this band?

I have never heard of the band and I kind of specialize in obscure Psychedelia, Folk, and Rock. I guess I'm taking it for granted that the record falls into one of those genre's. Please fill us (me) in on this band. It looks too cool to miss out on. :music:

I have gotten very disapointed more than once with figuring a cool cover must mean a good recording. A big mistake if you pay the used/collectable LP store owner $15 or more for some cool looking, psychedelic, hopefully undiscovered treasure, and get it home to find out it SUCKS!:tears:

Was a GI in Berlin in the mid 70's.Band was kinda' like Pink Floyd.Only 2 songs on the album.Sounded best with headphones.

album covers

tdpatt48 said:
i was looking through my vinyl again thinking how much i miss album covers.there are so many creative covers out there.whats some of the best? two that i have that come to mind are "schools out"that fold out desk was too cool.next might be "thick as a brick"that news paper album gave me hours of fun.
check out OSIBISA you can google them i got mine from a disc jockey from racine wisconsin also the only one i remember that had metal in it was STICKY FINGERS rolling stones

Rat44 said:
Was a GI in Berlin in the mid 70's.Band was kinda' like Pink Floyd.Only 2 songs on the album.Sounded best with headphones.

If thats the case then Sweet Smoke must be some "good stuff".:smoke: I can't believe I have never heard of the band or seen this cover before. The only Floyd like band I know of is Crack The Sky. Whole different thread......:nono:

Led Zep III with the spinning wheel, not to mention it was a fabulous album on which they were willing to inject a lot of acoustic work, which was bold after I and II. Rod Stewart and Small Faces, "Ooh La La", with the weird Monty Pythonesque foldout. "Quadrophenia" by The Who.

Back
Top Bottom