What TT's do you folks have

Originally posted by grumpy
SQ

How bout some pics of those bad boys. I would love to see em.

Grumpy

Hey SQ was the CBS format! Kidding ya I have a restored Tate 101A for SQ but for me it was Iso Itoh's QS scheem with it's smooth synthing of quad from stereo sources and Sansui's heads above the rest gear that sends me.
I need to do some pics of the individual units when time permits but here is a now old pic of most of the quad room gear. Missing in this pic is the gear that now resides on a shelf at the top of the rack on the right i.e. power amps(3) and my DBX 2015G's. There is some rare things there like a Sansui QRX-777 (euro version of the 7001), a Sansui QSD-1 QS decoder, and a Tate 101A to name a few. QuadBob took this pic when he was up from California last Memorial day. He has recapped/restored most of the main units in the system. This system can play every multichannel format except ambisonic and circle suround. I have a HT room also.

1061478220891_Dave_and_System.jpg

Last edited:
Cool Stuff. but those are some pretty funky shaped records on the table.;)

I have:
Thorens TD126-II with GAS Sleeping Beauty MC
Dual CS5000 with Ortofon MC20 Super MC
Denon DP-35F with a Grace (Model unknown) MM
and a Luxman PD375 that is undergoing surgery to convert the arm to accept a more standard headshell, cause the friend who gave it to me kept the OEM headshell, which is NLA.:(

I recently acquired a Nottingham Analogue Interspace with the
new heavy platter (close to hyperspace if not the same) and I
am using my RB250 arm with all Expressimo mods and a Grado Gold cart, plus a Boston Audio Mat 1. I will post a picture when I
get a digicam...
Douger

Currently these two tables below

Two totally different setups with different sonics...
Progressive-Engineering's "The Turntable" is an engineering tour de force;
While the venerable Linn LP-12 still has the SOUL....

I enjoy both for different reasons.

The venerable TD-124

The only table in daily use these days around my house the the old warhorse Thorens TD-124/SME/SPU combonation that I've been using for about ten years. I came across the old Thorens randomly and bought it on a whim. Even then, in need of a LOT of work and tweaking there was something MAGIC about this table. I was a devoted LP-12 owner for some time until the Thorens (and the SPU!) stole my heart away and I doubt I could ever go back. I am well aware of the limitations, but the strenghts just KILL me! And old deep-groove Blue Note and this rig were MADE for each other!

Currently I have an ADC 1600 DD with an ALT-1 tonearn sporting an Ortifon OM-5e

I also have a Project one DM-1 sitting in the pole barn waiting for a new cart.

My poor man's TT with a Grado Prestige Blue cartridge..

Akai AP-B10C

tt2003.bmp

Last edited:
I guess I'm certifiable - here's what I own:

Linn LP12 / Lingo / Ittok LVII
Linn LP12 / Valhalla/ Basik Plus
VPI Scout / SME IV
Yamaha PF-800
Kyocera PL-701
Denon DP-45F
Garrard Zero 100SB
Sansui FR-3080
Pioneer PL-50

Just one TT in my house. Pioneer PL 530. No problems since day one. Of course, now that I said that, it'll probably die tonight. Gino

Some wonderful 'tables displayed here...

Great thread. It's nice seeing how analog isn't anywhere near dead! Makes me wish I was spinnin' vinyl again; I've only owned 3, but sadly sold 2 of 'em (long story).

My very first 'table was bought in '78, and is the only one I still own, the belt-driven Technics SL-210 all manual 'table. Sadly, it's defunkt and in bad shape (my kid brother destroyed it while I was in the Army). The headshell isn't missing; it's being used as a spare for my bro's turntable...

My second was a 1983 programmable quartz-direct drive linear tracking DD Technics SL-QL15 (sorry, no pic...guess I was too ashamed to take any). It used a cheap audio-technica P-mount MM cartridge that came with it. This 'table just didn't do it for me, and even the slightest taps on the audio rack could be heard through it. I sold it a month later for my third and last 'table...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom