Show your Bicycle !

1978 Schwinn Le Tour. Built for Schwinn in Japan by Panasonic.

Until I saw your bike I was wondering if I was the tallest guy here, LOL.

The pic of my bike was taken shortly after arrival and before I had the chance to raise and level the seat, hence it's downward tilt in the pic.

Its A Humber

My around town cruiser, a 1952 Humber Sportsman sitting next to a 1954 Humber, the only other I've ever seen. Photo taken at a local bike shop open house/flea market. Still has the original Brooks seat. Note the twin tubes that make up front fork. The only bike I am aware of with this feature.

Attachments

• IMG_5079.jpg
    IMG_5079.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 78
Until I saw your bike I was wondering if I was the tallest guy here, LOL.

The pic of my bike was taken shortly after arrival and before I had the chance to raise and level the seat, hence it's downward tilt in the pic.

Kingshead, is that a 27 inch frame on the Motobicane? The Le Tour is 27 inch.

Kingshead, is that a 27 inch frame on the Motobicane? The Le Tour is 27 inch.

Largest size available was 25", and the reason I had to raise the seat. Had a Super Mirage I purchased new in 1978 the same size and color for many years. I was so into riding when I was married to my bride in 1980 I told her "I won't be married to anyone that doesn't ride" and purchased her a Schwinn Continental. Averaged 4000 miles a yr on that Moto until the 90's when medical problems for my bride dominated our life. We were unable to have children for the first decade, but as luck would have it when the children did come along so did the medical issues. With this, riding was no longer a priority and the bikes sat idle for a long time.

Moved to Ca. in 2008 so my bride could be near her family. In late November of 2011 Nanette asked for a bike for her birthday, said I should get one too. I bought the Jubilee on eBay and a really cool Phat Cycles cruiser for her at a local bike shop, she was never well enough to ride it, then hospitalized for the last time on December 8, lost her January 12, 2012.

Here's a pic of her bike, she really liked it a lot, I did get to push her around the front yard on it a couple of times.

Last edited:
Some very nice bikes in this thread.here's my recent purchase a GT avalanche comp.I also have a older mielle road bike that IL get a picture of it and post it later on.

Attachments

• IMAG0004.jpg
    IMAG0004.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Kingshead,
So sorry to hear about wife. I can't imagine what you guys went through. You were really getting in some riding at 4000 miles a year. Very impressive! I had a Continental in college, but didn't lock it one night and it was gone. That's part of the allure of the Le Tour. Glad your wife got to at least go around the yard a few times on that sweet cruiser. Bet that was a lot of fun for her. Hang in there.

It's been more than three yrs, don't believe the lie that time heals all wounds, it's harder every day I have to be without her.

So sad to hear about your wife Kingshead :(
I could not think about how i could ever live without my gf.

About mileage... my grandmother in law has done 40k km in 3 years with her e-bike :D

Here's my Brompton. It's the most basic singlespeed version with fenders with lower gearing from the factory as Seattle is hilly. I have several other bikes, but I have been riding this quite a bit lately. It works a lot better for my short commute than trying to wrestle a full sized bike up and down stairs, and folded it takes up way less space in the office.

18744654063_8a1e6d32e6_c.jpg

Largest size available was 25", and the reason I had to raise the seat. Had a Super Mirage I purchased new in 1978 the same size and color for many years. I was so into riding when I was married to my bride in 1980 I told her "I won't be married to anyone that doesn't ride" and purchased her a Schwinn Continental. Averaged 4000 miles a yr on that Moto until the 90's when medical problems for my bride dominated our life. We were unable to have children for the first decade, but as luck would have it when the children did come along so did the medical issues. With this, riding was no longer a priority and the bikes sat idle for a long time.

Moved to Ca. in 2008 so my bride could be near her family. In late November of 2011 Nanette asked for a bike for her birthday, said I should get one too. I bought the Jubilee on eBay and a really cool Phat Cycles cruiser for her at a local bike shop, she was never well enough to ride it, then hospitalized for the last time on December 8, lost her January 12, 2012.

Here's a pic of her bike, she really liked it a lot, I did get to push her around the front yard on it a couple of times.
[/URL]

Thanks for sharing. Don't know what else to say.

I don't have a classic but here's my summer commuter - I ride to work when it's not raining.

Attachments

• Oakville DT Bridge.jpg
    Oakville DT Bridge.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 48
My GT Borrego purchased in 1991 and still in use today.

I loved my GT - I had customized it and rode it for years, east coast, mid-coast, Moab...

The I stupidly fell asleep after a ride, and left the bike in the back yard - stolen!

Attachments

• colo_0~1.jpg
    colo_0~1.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 49
I've already posted a pic of my "vintage bike" (did 1991 count?).

Here's my new bike~ Far superior to my old bike, I'm quite happy with it.
Trek SL Emonda. I could have had either fire engine red or Stealth Bomber Matt Black. I like the black because it's hard to see the Trek logo, of which there is ONLY ONE, thank goodness. I have no idea why some bikes have the manufacturer logo on it 10 times - that's ridiculous IMO.

Attachments

• Trek_Emonda_2015_04.jpg
    Trek_Emonda_2015_04.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Trek_Emonda_2015_03.jpg
    Trek_Emonda_2015_03.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Trek_Emonda_2015_02.jpg
    Trek_Emonda_2015_02.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Trek_Emonda_2015_01.jpg
    Trek_Emonda_2015_01.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 54
The Emonda looks nice. How do you like it?

I wanted to test ride one to see how it compares to the Cervelo S2 (which I did test ride) but they didn't have one small enough for my size. Don't want to ask them to order one just for me - don't like being obligated in case I don't like the ride.

What are your impressions of the bike?

Did it come with Bontrager tires - how do they roll?

Back
Top Bottom