High End Separates.....

So.....I am working on getting my second listening room ready. It used to be solely dedicated to my home office. Now it will pull double duty.

I plan on setting up my Quad ESL57s in there driven by the recently acquired Marantz 10B/7C/8B electronics. Sources will be either a Thorens TD-124 or a Lenco L70 for analog plus a Linux laptop into a (DAC to be purchased, suggestions welcome) to stream Spotify Premium. Cables will be Canare coax ICs and 12ga solid core speaker cables.

The Quads and Marantz stack are slated to visit the local high end audio tech for test and tune up - and to recap as needed.

I can't wait to get this done!

Loved Washington when I spend some time there years ago - gotta get back with the kids for a vacation. Could happen so be warned! :)

No Problem, we have a couple of empty bedrooms! A bit warmer down here though.
Regards,
Jim

So.....I am working on getting my second listening room ready. It used to be solely dedicated to my home office. Now it will pull double duty.

I plan on setting up my Quad ESL57s in there driven by the recently acquired Marantz 10B/7C/8B electronics. Sources will be either a Thorens TD-124 or a Lenco L70 for analog plus a Linux laptop into a (DAC to be purchased, suggestions welcome) to stream Spotify Premium. Cables will be Canare coax ICs and 12ga solid core speaker cables.

The Quads and Marantz stack are slated to visit the local high end audio tech for test and tune up - and to recap as needed.

I can't wait to get this done!

I'm sure, it is vintage high end holy grail,and for good reason!
Regards,
Jim

Contemplating a move from my Behringer DCX2496. It sounds very good with the analog outputs, but I'm thinking of a true analog crossover like the Marchand XM44.
Any one have thoughts on this? I will still use the NHT X1 for my Subwoofers.
Regards,
Jim

Contemplating a move from my Behringer DCX2496. It sounds very good with the analog outputs, but I'm thinking of a true analog crossover like the Marchand XM44.
Any one have thoughts on this? I will still use the NHT X1 for my Subwoofers.
Regards,
Jim

I use the Dahlquist DQ-LP1 for subs. Two Heatkit XO-1 (mono, tube) for general 2-way biamping.

Used to have a Pioneer SF-850 which sounded pretty good.

Have been toying with picking up the Marchand XM126 Vacuum Tube Electronic Crossover Network to see how it sounds.

I use the Dahlquist DQ-LP1 for subs. Two Heatkit XO-1 (mono, tube) for general 2-way biamping.

Have been toying with picking up the Marchand XM126 Vacuum Tube Electronic Crossover Network to see how it sounds.

Me too, but cost always comes into play and with a new grandson one must set priorities!:yes:
Regards,
Jim

But the tube crossovers do interest me!
Regards,
Jim

I am very pleased with my rig at this point, the Quicksilvers took my Modified Magnapan MGIIIa's to a new level, and ended my search for a pair of MG3.6R's.

Thank you for the positive comment, but your gear is to be envied, very nice indeed. I would love to hear it!
Regards,
Jim

Jim you would be welcome to stop in anytime if your heading out to SF for a trip. Like you I'm pleased with what I have put together and mostly small changes happen here and there.

215.jpg

211.jpg

217.jpg

216.jpgI have been working on this system for the past year - I have been corrupted by many of you - Thank you all

Ohm Walsh 2000 , REL Q201E subs , VTL 100 compact mono blocks,
DSpeaker 2.0 , CI audio passive pre , Techniques SL1210 mk5 , Denon DL 301mk 2 , Jolida JD-9 phono pre , IFI I-DSD micro MAC mini as music server
The speakers and amp combo play the room with authority.
Audio Karma at its best !

I used a DQ-LP1 for a while with my DQ-10s - great piece that really stayed out of the way on the main amp with just that passive series cap. More transparent than the active SS pieces I tried at the time and the LP1 really taught be what was possible keeping the active stuff out of the main signal path and limiting it to woofer duty.

I did try the Marchand SS crossover on the DQ-10s (the XM9 maybe?) but preferred the LP1 - never tried their tube units.

I have to make an appearance here and sgliech asked for some dual mono amp pics. I don't know if that means a single amp with dual mono design or two mono amps. I'm not going to worry about it and just post a pic of my two Luxman MB-3045 mono amplifiers.

attachment.php

Good God, but aren't Luxman MB-3045 amps just fabulous sounding? I'm listening to a Mardi Gras CD now, and it is so VIVID. They are letting through some upstream goodness that my Luxman SS integrated's power amp section just couldn't pass along.

Mine are actually the Japanese 100v version, the A3000. Here's a pic:

picture.php

Everything's clicking now!

:tresbon:

The MB-3045 (or A3000) is a beautiful amp. Luxman's tube equipment, in general, is outstanding looking and sounding. :yes:

On my bucket list for sure. Wonderful Gear!
Regards,
Jim

View attachment 609282

View attachment 609283

View attachment 609284

View attachment 609285I have been working on this system for the past year - I have been corrupted by many of you - Thank you all

Ohm Walsh 2000 , REL Q201E subs , VTL 100 compact mono blocks,
DSpeaker 2.0 , CI audio passive pre , Techniques SL1210 mk5 , Denon DL 301mk 2 , Jolida JD-9 phono pre , IFI I-DSD micro MAC mini as music server
The speakers and amp combo play the room with authority.
Audio Karma at its best !

Very nice!

How do you like the IFI I-DSD Micro? Wondered if you have had an opportunity to compare it to other DACs?

I used a DQ-LP1 for a while with my DQ-10s - great piece that really stayed out of the way on the main amp with just that passive series cap. More transparent than the active SS pieces I tried at the time and the LP1 really taught be what was possible keeping the active stuff out of the main signal path and limiting it to woofer duty.

I did try the Marchand SS crossover on the DQ-10s (the XM9 maybe?) but preferred the LP1 - never tried their tube units.

I agree that, for subs, the DQ-LP1 is about as good as it gets. :thmbsp:

Very nice!

How do you like the IFI I-DSD Micro? Wondered if you have had an opportunity to compare it to other DACs?

I like the IFI micro dsd very much . I am implementing it a little different than most . My digital signal path is MAC mini using Channel D pure music via USB
To a IFI power - Then into a IFI I link USB to SPDIF converter BNC out to BNC in
On the IFI Micro DSD . For PCM play back I Feel it sounds best this way . My
DSPeaker is also a good DAC . I prefer this arrangement at this present time
I am waiting to see how the Sctitt Yggdrasil pans out . That may be my next
DAC ? . Right Know I am enjoying my system . All I can say it is very musical .

I like the IFI micro dsd very much . I am implementing it a little different than most . My digital signal path is MAC mini using Channel D pure music via USB
To a IFI power - Then into a IFI I link USB to SPDIF converter BNC out to BNC in
On the IFI Micro DSD . For PCM play back I Feel it sounds best this way . My
DSPeaker is also a good DAC . I prefer this arrangement at this present time
I am waiting to see how the Sctitt Yggdrasil pans out . That may be my next
DAC ? . Right Know I am enjoying my system . All I can say it is very musical .

Thank you. :)

My digital set-up is pretty basic right now since most of my listening is analog (records). I currently stream Spotify Premium, at the highest bitrate, to a Schiitt Modi Uber.

I really have to start researching the latest advancements in DACs and digital in general.

Thank you. :)

My digital set-up is pretty basic right now since most of my listening is analog (records). I currently stream Spotify Premium, at the highest bitrate, to a Schiitt Modi Uber.

I really have to start researching the latest advancements in DACs and digital in general.

There is a lot of DAC info on Head - Fi and Computer Audiophile .
I have found answers to my IFI problems there .

Back
Top Bottom