Up Tone Audio USB REGEN

RH67

I received the REGEN Amber last Friday. I decided to order this little device after reading several reviews at CA, i only read a couple of reviews so it would not taint my listening impressions once i received mine.

My first impression was that the bass was much tighter with a little more definition in the lower and upper midrange and a more relaxed presentation of the overall sound.

Second day i was pleasantly surprised, overnight EVERYTHING just opened up, the clarity and tone of instruments has to be heard, music really sounds like music and not just sounds coming from a speaker.

Third and fourth days i spent time listening with and without the REGEN and the differences are very noticeable, the REGEN improves the music at every level.

I`m the person who is always after the extra 5%-10%, i have tried just about every USB cable and while some offer some gains in SQ nothing has come close to what the REGEN delivers, there is no question that it improves the music, you do not have to strain your ears to try and notice that there is an improvement in the music.

I don`t know how or do i care how but this little device works. Highly recommend.:music: http://uptoneaudio.com/products/usb-regen

I am still waiting for my unit to show up. It's been seven weeks since I placed my order. How long did you wait from placing your order until it hit your door?

Sounds great.....it cleans the data signal from the computer and regenerates it and sends it into the DAC...same with the dirty power. If you have a custom built computer with all quality top shelf parts, the Regen may not give as great a benefit. but for all the computer that come from the factory, like MAC and PC's it will give great benefit!

Off the tracks maybe but this post a Audiogon thread where the Regen was the subject cracked me up.:D

Cerrot who apparently believes anything with USB audio is crap posted that it had to work, anything could improve USB audio, someones response is below.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to welcome Cerrot to the thread, as we now shift to the "USB is responsible for everything from ebola to rising rates of teenage syphilis and pregnancy to housing stagflation to drought conditions in California" portion of our program. USB does contain nudity, violence and adult language, and parental guidance is suggested. If you experience heart palpitations, nausea, bloating, unstable vagina or an erection lasting longer than 83 hours please talk to your doctor, as USB may be to blame. Do not use USB before operating heavy machinery. Stay tuned, as following this discussion we will have a specially-edited presentation of "The Omen", in which the little boy Damien has been edited from the film and replaced with a USB cord in a little black suit. You will feel chills and terror when Lee Remick pleads with Gregory Peck, "don't let USB kill me"

All that said, I'd like to give the Regen a try.:scratch2:

Sounds great.....it cleans the data signal from the computer and regenerates it and sends it into the DAC...same with the dirty power. If you have a custom built computer with all quality top shelf parts, the Regen may not give as great a benefit. but for all the computer that come from the factory, like MAC and PC's it will give great benefit!

It takes a lot to get me excited as with 50 yrs. in audio i have pretty much seen and heard it all but this little device blew me over, it lived up to their claims.

Off the tracks maybe but this post a Audiogon thread where the Regen was the subject cracked me up.:D

Cerrot who apparently believes anything with USB audio is crap posted that it had to work, anything could improve USB audio, someones response is below.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to welcome Cerrot to the thread, as we now shift to the "USB is responsible for everything from ebola to rising rates of teenage syphilis and pregnancy to housing stagflation to drought conditions in California" portion of our program. USB does contain nudity, violence and adult language, and parental guidance is suggested. If you experience heart palpitations, nausea, bloating, unstable vagina or an erection lasting longer than 83 hours please talk to your doctor, as USB may be to blame. Do not use USB before operating heavy machinery. Stay tuned, as following this discussion we will have a specially-edited presentation of "The Omen", in which the little boy Damien has been edited from the film and replaced with a USB cord in a little black suit. You will feel chills and terror when Lee Remick pleads with Gregory Peck, "don't let USB kill me"

All that said, I'd like to give the Regen a try.:scratch2:

It has made a believer out of me.

I've got one coming in August. 95% of my music is listened to via usb. RH67,what are you using the regen with?

I've got one coming in August. 95% of my music is listened to via usb. RH67,what are you using the regen with?

A 2012 Mac Mini 4 core i7, LampizatOr Amber Dac,LM 518, Nordost USB and PS Audio inter-connects using JRiver as the source.

That's a very nice digital front end. It's good to hear the sound improvements weren't subtle. I've heard the improvements are greater the more modest your front end. I use a sony laptop (i7)>ifi iUSB>yulong u18 USB/SPDIF converter>yulong D18 DAC. Foobar as source.

That's a very nice digital front end. It's good to hear the sound improvements weren't subtle. I've heard the improvements are greater the more modest your front end. I use a sony laptop (i7)>ifi iUSB>yulong u18 USB/SPDIF converter>yulong D18 DAC. Foobar as source.

Great! I'd be interested in knowing if the iUSB henders the sound with the Regen in place or if its for the better?

Great! I'd be interested in knowing if the iUSB henders the sound with the Regen in place or if its for the better?

I forgot I also use an iPurifier, I'm not totally convinced it has any benefit. The iUSB makes it so I don't have to unplug my laptop for a better more relaxed sound. Everything I've read is using the regen alone is the best option. Or,using the regen with the ifi wallwart. The ifi differences are subtle, what I've read about the regen is anything but....we will see. I usually don't trust opinions on new products like the regen but, this time I've gotten some from people I trust.

OK..cool. I've got a friend who has a custom computer with top quality parts....Regen doesnt do much for it.

Hopefully my Regen will show up Monday. At least that's what the USPS tracking site is telling me. Can't wait to see if this thing is up to it's hype?

Ok...I spoke to my friend who has the custom computer with all quality parts. I asked him if he thought the Regen made any noticeable difference in his rig. Keep in mind, he has a very expensive quality rig....Tube Reasearch pre amp "The Dude". lampizatOr big 7 DAC and its Transport. 3 CODA mono amps with one single amp for the tweeters only I believe. Hugh Legacy speakers with this huge custom computer. Seems what I read about the Regen and custom computers was just hype! My friend said the Regen is now making a very noticeable audible difference in rig for the better! Must be a wonder working doohickey, that Regen!:yes:

Last edited:
Great report guys,

As I'm following this one very closely myself, as it comes down to the Regen Amber or upcoming version of the iFi iUSB Power with the iPower cord, once again I love the fact that both are affordable and are more then capable of enhancing ones listening session with CA, and that's where it counts......

Ok...I spoke to my friend who has the custom computer with all quality parts. I asked him if he thought the Regen made any noticeable difference in his rig. Keep in mind, he has a very expensive quality rig....Tube Reasearch pre amp "The Dude". lampizatOr big 7 DAC and its Transport. 3 CODA mono amps with one single amp for the tweeters only I believe. Hugh Legacy speakers with this huge custom computer. Seems what I read about the Regen and custom computers was just hype! My friend said the Regen is now making a very noticeable audible difference in rig for the better! Must be a wonder working doohickey, that Regen!:yes:

Yes, as the Regen settles in the improvements continue, not at the level of the second or third day but they are still evident. When i take it out of my system i want it back in, it reveals so much more.

I didn't know there was a new ifi iUSB coming out.

Yes...its out already, thus the small increase in price. It's suppose to be a little better from what I was told. Also the power cord is better as well and can be purchased seperatly for $50.

Back
Top Bottom