Nobsound EL34 Single-ended Class A tube amplifier

41FVybBajYL.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Nobsound®-Amp..._sbs_23_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0BJXY2SEBJN4CHVD9CY9

Keep reading about your good impressions of the preamp, which made me curious as well. What kind of company is nobsound? Are they the manufacturer or just a retailer putting the brand on? I have seen some ads which combines rhe nobsound name with both the name Douk or Raphaelite? Are they all the same?

The way I see it... Several 'name brands' like Nobsound slap their name on the same product from the same factory somewhere in China

It's a non-trivial amount of money for something of unknown quality: no indication of what circuit is used, no way to assess build quality or components quality. I'd rather buy and fix up an old amp, or build one from scratch.

Nobsound seems to be a re-badger of Chinese products.

I bought my Nobsound preamp from Amazon and It's excellent.

It wasn't shipped from China but rather from a warehouse in the states.

I would think that it would be a safe purchase as Amazon has such a great return policy.

If you don't like it, return it on Amazon's dime and get your money back.

Nobsound seems to be a re-badger of Chinese products.

I bought my Nobsound preamp from Amazon and It's excellent.

It wasn't shipped from China but rather from a warehouse in the states.

I would think that it would be a safe purchase as Amazon has such a great return policy.

If you don't like it, return it on Amazon's dime and get your money back.

Yup... I have thought about doing that but it wouldnt be a fair trial period unless better tubes were used - IMO

Besides, it would have to equal or better the dual chip's sound :scratch2:

I've decided to pull the trigger on this one :smoke:

I will not order one until I return from vacation... Aug 10

Not sure what I will do about better tubes

I've got a line on some loaners - Tung-Sol EL34B (2) & a 6SL7

This isnt high on my list but I will do it in Aug

Order it now so you can listen (and we can get a review) when you come back.

What was your address again?

This amp could be a sleeper.

Anxious to read your review once it arrives.

Me too. Me too. I am a little more motivated to get something pretty soon as someone just came in and cleaned me out. He came over to buy some Sennheiser headphones and bought my entire system. LOL. :D
I was in the process of upgrading everything anyway. Just have to do it a little sooner now.

Probably have around 7 hrs on it the last 1 1/2 days... I've been busy with non-audio stuff

Came with all Psvane tubes

I will put a min of 50hrs on it before doing a 'review'

I have a loaner set of Tung-Sol coming. They have around 100 hrs on them

Back
Top Bottom