Calling all AK'ers......

ah fellow ak'ers most you are lucky enough to have a system to listen to your prefrred choice of grooves.i am currently reduced to listening to music via sony vaio laptop and a pair of akg headphones or when i am on the move a creative zen player with said headphones. in spite of that i am switching between
dead can dance (self compiled)
renegade soundwave (self compiled)
misty in roots - live at the counter eurovision
front 242 - **** up evil & evil off

Give me some Fleetwood Mac. Or the new Mick Fleetwood Blues Band.

I have read several times that Fleetwood Mac songs are very seldom on people's top lists...but their albums are usually on people's top lists.
Go figure. :scratch2:

Vinylhanger,
although I'm not a non-contributor to this forum,I don't visit it as often as I might.That shall change.

Anyone who'd prefer that I didn't,can speak now if they wish... :D

I'm a noob but have been following some of these forums for a while (lurking, I guess you'd call it :music:) and I've seen many old favorites mentioned one way or another and have been reminded of some I hadn't thought of in a long time (Ry Cooder for instance). There are someI might have thought would be mentioned and maybe I've just missed those posts but I thought i'd toss them out here, see if they strike a chord with anybody:
POCO
Quicksilver Messenger Service (is there a better version of Who Do You Love??)

You know there's some really great live versions from Quicksilver as in "The Carousel Ballroom 1968", "Lost Gold & Silver", and others. It's not just on "Happy Trails". Same with Mona. Check out "Live at the Kabuki Theatre".

Today I listened to Supertramp "Even in the Quietest Moments & Nektar 14 Down to Earth a great live album.

Maybe you guys are going to jump down on me a little.......normally I'm an alternative/blues type of guy. Generally I love that dark, written in a minor key type of music, but lately I just can't get enough pop type music. Have I fallen ill?

Wow! the last post on this is two years old? Well, I'll revive it. After getting my Baby Advents refoamed and adding a halfway decent sub, I have found new respect for Rush "Moving Pictures". Say what you want about Rush, but that album sounds GREAT.

it should be alive.
ahhh Rush, you try the album "Clockworks Angel" which was released in 2012 yet? They're still very young, i guess =))

I can't think of many types of music I don't like...but that does include RAP and heavy metal. Anything else is ok. I get a nostalgic craze now and then and want to listen to Guess Who and American Woman or These Eyes. Other times it's Jim Reeves and Patsy Cline. Tomorrow it may be Bread or James Taylor. It's nice to be a little varied.:smoke:

it should be alive.
ahhh Rush, you try the album "Clockworks Angel" which was released in 2012 yet? They're still very young, i guess =))

I love that album. Huge Rush fan here. I've seen every tour since 1987 when I first saw them on the Show of Hands tour supporting Hold Your Fire.

f

Huge RUSH fan here , seen them at less 35 times. But just got turned on to a band Rival Sons and have been wearing out my copy of Before The Fire.

it should be alive.
That album is a sonic orgasm. Everything sounds stellar. Every. Little. Thing. Even if you are not a geeky huge Rush fan like me, that fact, the aural quality of that album, stands rock solid.
f

I just wanted to extend an official invitation to join in on the daily music threads. It is a great way to get to know your fellow music lovers and learn about new tunage. I think I can go out on a limb here and say that we all listen to music. So it always surprises me when there are only a few diehards that visit the threads each day. Come on over, it is fun and only takes a few seconds to brag on the great tunes you got spinning.

P.S. This is also a challenge to certain noticeably absent mods....... you guys do listen to music don't you?
I listened to some vinyl you might like, the song is mad ruth the babe by dennis o'keefe. the whole album is good.

Back
Top Bottom