C1100T.......nice

C'mon, you know better than to think that Mc would tell us anything about upcoming products :)

I know....display something new at a show, then don't say anything for months. I have the McIntosh shtick down. :sigh:

I like Bryston's approach much better.....proactively involve customers during the development of new products. James from Bryston is on numerous forums and actually likes discussing new/proto-type Bryston products to create interest. :yes: Pretty cool to actually solicit the potential customer. :scratch2: Let's face it Mc isn't exactly developing nuclear war heads here......is just audio equipment.

Live on site now. No tone controls. :no::thumbsdn::no::thumbsdn:

Well that's easy then save yourself a ton of money and don't buy one...:D

Since its predecessor and all of that line of pre-amps before had no tone controls, why would they start putting tone controls on them?
That particular type of pre-amp is aimed at the high end purist, IE; no tone controls... IMO

comes as no surprise to me...

Last edited:

Since its predecessor and all of that line of pre-amps before had no tone controls, why would they start putting tone controls on them?
That particular type pf pre-amp is aimed at the high end purist, IE; no tone controls... IMO

:banana: No Tone Controls :banana:

I bet they didn't put a DAC in it either:thmbsp:

:banana: No Tone Controls :banana:

I bet they didn't put a DAC in it either:thmbsp:

Thats right, it looks like a nice piece of kit that I'll never be able to afford....boo hoo for me....
But, maybe when all these guys buy the 1100 there might be a few 1000's or 500's come up second hand.....:thmbsp:

Thats right, it looks like a nice piece of kit that I'll never be able to afford....boo hoo for me....
But, maybe when all these guys buy the 1100 there might be a few 1000's or 500's come up second hand.....:thmbsp:

Well you know me Kev, I'm waiting for the scraps to fall to the floor:thmbsp:

XL_C1100C_and_C1100T_Angle_Left.jpg

That particular type of pre-amp is aimed at the high end purist, IE; no tone controls... IMO

I'm a purist too.... Just turn on the tone bypass on my C50....if I wanted to. :D

I'm a purist too.... Just turn on the tone bypass on my C50....if I wanted to. :D

I'm just a music lover......

I rarely if ever use the tone controls on my C48...but then I have used the MEN to achieve the system tune the way I like it...

In my opinion, a pre-amp like the C1100 is for extreme equipment purists with very large budgets....
I feel once you get to that level you are well into the 'diminishing returns' factor too, it has to be better, but is the small improvement worth it to me? Not really.....but to some people it is, and that's okay too.

Even if I personally had the money, I don't think I would buy something like a C1100...I enjoy other things in life too so for me, the C48/MEN220 combo does a very fine job indeed for me....then I have $$ to spend on other things I am into as well....

However, I would not turn down the opportunity to purchase something like a C500 second hand, for the right price....

Good to see that McIntosh continue to develop their designs though...Always worth a look and see what they are up to.

I'm just a music lover......

I rarely if ever use the tone controls on my C48...but then I have used the MEN to achieve the system tune the way I like it...

In my opinion, a pre-amp like the C1100 is for extreme equipment purists with very large budgets....
I feel once you get to that level you are well into the 'diminishing returns' factor too, it has to be better, but is the small improvement worth it to me? Not really.....but to some people it is, and that's okay too.

Even if I personally had the money, I don't think I would buy something like a C1100...I enjoy other things in life too so for me, the C48/MEN220 combo does a very fine job indeed for me....then I have $$ to spend on other things I am into as well....

However, I would not turn down the opportunity to purchase something like a C500 second hand, for the right price....

Good to see that McIntosh continue to develop their designs though...Always worth a look and see what they are up to.

Kev the new 1100 cost about the same price as a new C500 @ $13,000.

Check out the thread at AA:thmbsp:

Kev the new 1100 cost about the same price as a new C500 @ $13,000.

Check out the thread at AA:thmbsp:

Thats actually good, because it will be attractive for C500 owners to upgrade and sell their 500's to guys like us....:thmbsp:

13K, thats just over 20K in our money (our dollar has plummeted, worst its been for 15 years).....if I buy locally, it will be closer to 30K from the dealer...forget it...:thumbsdn:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom