C1100T.......nice

Thats actually good, because it will be attractive for C500 owners to upgrade and sell their 500's to guys like us....:thmbsp:

13K, thats nearly 20K in our money.....if I buy locally, it will be closer to 30K from the dealer...forget it...:thumbsdn:

Your money sounds funny LOL:sigh:

I don't know what mac is doing here but it's looking more like a replacment for the C500 more than the C1000.

I'm with you I'll wait for scraps to fall to the floor, besides I love my little C100.:D

Your money sounds funny LOL:sigh:

I don't know what mac is doing here but it's looking more like a replacment for the C500 more than the C1000.

I'm with you I'll wait for scraps to fall to the floor, besides I love my little C100.:D

Yeah Hahaha, nah, since nearly everything we do or buy comes from overseas, it makes NZ one of the most expensive places on this earth to live when our dollar plummets like it has recently....BOO HOO my life sucks....:D

Ah right, well there you go, lets wait for the C500's to fall to the floor then..:thmbsp:

Ah hem ... Owning a C48/MEN220 places you among owners of the very finest preamplification and signal processing offered by McIntosh.

Kev the new 1100 cost about the same price as a new C500 @ $13,000.

Check out the thread at AA:thmbsp:

Could it be $13K per module for the C1100T? I can not believe McIntosh would name it higher and price it lower than the C1000. So I'm thinking $26K for the complete C1100T. Anyone?

And if it in fact costs $13K for both pieces, dosen't that effectively kill off the C500T?

Last edited:
A long with a bunch of other stuff I under stand from talking to a dealer. The MCD 500, and the MCD 1100, too as I remember. There I also supposed to be a new HT processor thats going to come out soon that will replace the 151 and maybe the 121, too. I suppose the MVP 891 is obsolete, too. Has any one figured out what to do with 4k yet. I'm just trying to up date my LP playback system, for now and decide what to do about Directv now that they are apart of Southwestern Bell, (AT&T).

Thank you, everything is still on the website but I guess the only real way is to talk to my dealer. I wish McIntosh would mark discontinued gear and make a retail PL available.

Thank you, everything is still on the website but I guess the only real way is to talk to my dealer. I wish McIntosh would mark discontinued gear and make a retail PL available.

It's like $6500 MSRP per box :thmbsp:

Common thought it's to replace the C500 rather than the C1000

Hahahahaa, yes so it is. I thought they were on the site in numerical order....
Who knows. What it's supposed to replace. Maybe it's not supposed to replace anything maybe it's just an addition to the product line...

In short, as I don't know everything about these units.
C1100T lacks the features and fluff that makes the C1000 better than the C500 and commanded the higher price. The C500 is over 10 years old now and with the 3d face. I'm also sure the C500 sells more than the C1000 due to the price point.

The C1100T is a simplified multi box design and at this point only a tube preamp, this can keep the price down. It also is a less is better concept making the unit extremely quiet and easy to build.

For the life of me, I can't see a need to buy a preamp that I can switch from tubes to SS. I see a greater need to have the choice of one or the other and also a DAC that is an add on box that can be updated every few years.
In short
Controller
Preamp, Tube or SS
DAC
Maybe even a add on AV processor?

Last edited:
I am probably a customer for the C1100 in a few years. I'm very happy with my C500, but I've found that when McIntosh comes out with some newly designed gear, I will find it superior to what it replaced.

wrt the C1000 and C500, some people who have owned both think the C500 is the better performer. Others do not.

For me, I hope McIntosh has a trade in program coming, something like they've done in the recent past.

Tom

I am probably a customer for the C1100 in a few years. I'm very happy with my C500, but I've found that when McIntosh comes out with some newly designed gear, I will find it superior to what it replaced.

wrt the C1000 and C500, some people who have owned both think the C500 is the better performer. Others do not.

For me, I hope McIntosh has a trade in program coming, something like they've done in the recent past.

Tom

I have the option of buying a friends C500T or waiting for the C1100T, hmmmmm, decisions, decisions.

I do agree that the performance of the C1100T is more to my liking.

I have the option of buying a friends C500T or waiting for the C1100T, hmmmmm, decisions, decisions.

I do agree that the performance of the C1100T is more to my liking.

Get the C1100. Has better specs than the C1000 and it's more affordable for most!!

Get the C1100. Has better specs than the C1000 and it's more affordable for most!!

My thought too. I am waiting for a friend to get the scoop on the C1100T. He should have one to listen to as soon as they ship.

I have sold my C2500 and am waiting for the new C1100.

Will let you guys know how it sounds in comparison to the C2300, C2500 when it arrives.

Back
Top Bottom