The Pioneer "ELITE" Gear Thread!

Problem: My Pioneer Elite player plays DVDs but not CDs

This is my first post to audiokarma. Can I piggyback on the Elite thread or do I need to begin a new one. If I can jump on....here is my question: Thank you in advance

I recently bought a Pioneer Elite DV-37. My goal was to use it mostly as a CD player.

I was not able to test it before taking it home. (Trusted the seller).

I get it home and pop a few CD’s in to it. The screen says: LOADING. I can hear it spin. Then the screen says: STOP or sometimes: OPEN. Then the tray opens and the CD pops out.

If I put a DVD in, it plays perfectly.

While the CD is spinning the small blue DVD light to the right of the tray is on or is flickering on. (may or may not be important fact)

If I try inserting the CD over and over, it will sometimes play. And when it does-it sounds great.

Also, I opened up the unit and cleaned the lens. The problem continues. The inside looked spotless, no dust.

Help!

This is my first post to audiokarma. Can I piggyback on the Elite thread or do I need to begin a new one. If I can jump on....here is my question: Thank you in advance

I recently bought a Pioneer Elite DV-37. My goal was to use it mostly as a CD player.

I was not able to test it before taking it home. (Trusted the seller).

I get it home and pop a few CD’s in to it. The screen says: LOADING. I can hear it spin. Then the screen says: STOP or sometimes: OPEN. Then the tray opens and the CD pops out.

If I put a DVD in, it plays perfectly.

While the CD is spinning the small blue DVD light to the right of the tray is on or is flickering on. (may or may not be important fact)

If I try inserting the CD over and over, it will sometimes play. And when it does-it sounds great.

Also, I opened up the unit and cleaned the lens. The problem continues. The inside looked spotless, no dust.

Help!

My DV-38A (almost the same model) does the same thing I don't know why but I think it is a problem inherent to that line of DVD Players.

You will have more luck getting some help if you start a new thread outside of this thread on that particular problem. Good luck!

Pioneer D-93

Finally found a good picture of the D-93, now if I can just find the real thing.
attachment.php

Attachments

• a5339cccc0cdacffc5f782fa68efd432.jpg
    a5339cccc0cdacffc5f782fa68efd432.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 175
Hi to all, here some photo of my Pioneer A91D, like new with the original box, photo dont' respect the beauty of this 30kg monster. :banana:

pioneer-a91d-1.jpg

pioneer-a91d-2.jpg

Best regards to all hifi vintage lovers. :tears:

Beautiful, I have one as well, it is so heavy it warped a very sturdy shelf!
I had to put a few pennies under the feet on one side to level it again.

Pioneer Elite SX-31 Receiver 1992 (known in Europe as SX-777)

65 wpc, 20-20k, .03% THD. Non-switching type II amp modules as used on VSX-D1S, M90, A120D etc.

index.php

index.php

Last edited:
I am new to this thread but would love to get advice on an "Elite" problem I have. I own a Pioneer Elite VSX27TX receiver on which the sound has gone dead. I am told this is a chronic problem with this receiver that Pioneer never really was able to permanently resolve. The issue apparently is that the Audio IC was mounted too close to the heat sink and inevitably, sooner or later, fails because of excessive heat. I am led to believe that Pioneer finished off its stocks of this IC so that repair may now be impossible. Any way I can try to revive this otherwise very capable Unit??

I am new to this thread but would love to get advice on an "Elite" problem I have. I own a Pioneer Elite VSX27TX receiver on which the sound has gone dead. I am told this is a chronic problem with this receiver that Pioneer never really was able to permanently resolve. The issue apparently is that the Audio IC was mounted too close to the heat sink and inevitably, sooner or later, fails because of excessive heat. I am led to believe that Pioneer finished off its stocks of this IC so that repair may now be impossible. Any way I can try to revive this otherwise very capable Unit??

No ideas as far as where to get the IC if Pioneer is out but you may want to post in the general Pioneer forum and not in this Elite thread as this is pretty much a just a thread to post pictures of gear.

A-71 PD-71 vs A-91D PD-91

View attachment 692602
Had all 4 just have the 91's now
Wish I had kept the 71's! Loved that CD drawer!
I did get the earlier non- ELITE 71 equivalent can't remember the model # without out going upstairs to look. It was missing the two jumper pins in back ( I could see that in the photo) so was listed as "not working" I put new ones in and it sounded just fine.

I have been gone a while but I have to say that I have added a very beautiful M-90 to my collection.
So my system now has the following elite.

VSX-95 Audio/Video Receiver (using as a pre-amp and it drives my rear speakers when i use it for surround)
SP-91D Surround Sound Processor (only use it as an EQ, because the VSX-95 does surround)
M-90 Stereo Power Amplifier (drives all four of my front speakers, a pair of non-Elite CS-G403s and a pair of non-Elite CS-F9000s that have had their woofers replaced with better speakers)
CLD-91 Laserdisc Player
DV-38A DVD Player
PD-M92 Multi-Play CD Player
PRO-530HD Rear projection TV (acts as the center speaker for surround sound because it has a center-in plug and feature)

I almost bought some Elite equipment new, but life gas it's moments...so I waited and when I did buy Pioneer, they had something better worth the wait. It's crazy how Pioneer came out with its best receiver after all they had learned, after they stopped making the Elite.

Life has its surprises...

Back
Top Bottom