2015 -- Secret Santa Delivers - The "What'd ya get?" thread

I got a very cool book of photographs of all the great Jazz players, and a big Band Holiday Album with Wynton Marsalis!
Thanks Secret Santa!
Merry Christmas,
Jim

I just got back from a week of business travel and found a delivery from my Secret Santa - a resupply of outer record sleeves and Diskeeper inner sleeves from the good folks at Sleeve City!

Both are going into immediate use because my supply of incoming records has been growing faster than my supply of inner and outer sleeves. Thanks, Santa!

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Thank you secret Santa! I recieved a nice set of LPs. One I've been on the hunt for so I'm very excited to get cleaning and spinning!

I figured pics are never bad...

Last edited:
I just got back from a week of business travel and found a delivery from my Secret Santa - a resupply of outer record sleeves and Diskeeper inner sleeves from the good folks at Sleeve City!

Both are going into immediate use because my supply of incoming records has been growing faster than my supply of inner and outer sleeves. Thanks, Santa!
Save a sleeve for the record I just sent you......:thumbsup:

My Secret Santa is no slacker. I was amazed to see a square shaped parcel turn up today! For a few brief minutes my wife almost convinced me to wait until the 25th before opening, but I think we both knew that was never going to happen.

Thank you so much SS. It's an album now filling a significant hole. I'm reminded of a scene in High Fidelity. "It's going to be OK"

2015-12-10-1172.jpg

Here's the "What'd you get?" thread.

(Going to get the other posts, and move them here. Sorry, James.)

Well, that's exciting! I tried to append the posts to my OP, but XF says, "No, you have to prepend them. Date order, you know."

Anyway, here's the 'bragging' thread.

Thanks for understanding.

We now resume your regularly-scheduled programming, uh, posting.

What did Secret Santa bring you folks?

Imagine my surprise, tonight, when a knock at my door led me to discover Santa's elf, the UPS man. In his hand was my Secret Santa gift, a very cool book.

The King of the Kustomizers -- The Art of George Barris.

GeorgeBarris.jpg
(image stolen from the web)

497 colour pages, plus end papers and covers, chock full of information about George Barris' creations. I grew up building models of Barris cars.

I'm very much pleased to get this book. Many happy hours will be spent poring over the pages.

Thanks, so much, Santa!

Back
Top Bottom