2015 -- Secret Santa Delivers - The "What'd ya get?" thread

I got a neat radio that entitles me to run my own KMART Blue Light Specials and a pair of Bose OE2 collapsible headphones (which I am currently listening to) that will nicely replace the headphones I "gave" my wife for her much more frequent (than me) air travel

Thanks SS!

Imagine my surprise, tonight, when a knock at my door led me to discover Santa's elf, the UPS man. In his hand was my Secret Santa gift, a very cool book.

The King of the Kustomizers -- The Art of George Barris.

View attachment 659292
(image stolen from the web)

497 colour pages, plus end papers and covers, chock full of information about George Barris' creations. I grew up building models of Barris cars.

I'm very much pleased to get this book. Many happy hours will be spent poring over the pages.

Thanks, so much, Santa!
He just passed away last month Ernie, that is a very cool book to get.

Imagine my surprise, tonight, when a knock at my door led me to discover Santa's elf, the UPS man. In his hand was my Secret Santa gift, a very cool book.

The King of the Kustomizers -- The Art of George Barris.

View attachment 659292
(image stolen from the web)

497 colour pages, plus end papers and covers, chock full of information about George Barris' creations. I grew up building models of Barris cars.

I'm very much pleased to get this book. Many happy hours will be spent poring over the pages.

Thanks, so much, Santa!

WOW!!! I wish I had your Secret Santa---really cool gift!!!

Santa sent a couple of VERY nice records: Strange Days (RSD Mono release) and Scarecrow (Black Friday 30th anniversary release).

Thanks, Dan...err Santa! You really outdid yourself.

Last edited:
Santa sent a couple of VERY nice records: Strange Days (RSD Mono release) and Scarecrow (Black Friday 30th anniversary release).

Thanks, Dan...err Santa! You really outdid yourself.
I do hope you like them and didn't have those additions yet.

Looks like Santa is vacationing in Australia this year... ;)

Received my gift just yesterday, box containing eight packages of Tim Tam biscuits, all different flavors!

Picture from the web...

gr200timtams.jpg

Quite the expensive sleigh ride over here to the states, I am very humbled by such generosity!

Thank you Secret Santa, your gift is very appreciated!

Looks like Santa is vacationing in Australia this year... ;)

Received my gift just yesterday, box containing eight packages of Tim Tam biscuits, all different flavors!

Picture from the web...

gr200timtams.jpg

Quite the expensive sleigh ride over here to the states, I am very humbled by such generosity!

Thank you Secret Santa, your gift is very appreciated!

Well ummm, I guess you'll be able to sample them all and find the one you like best.

Someone did their homework. I got a really nice etched glass SAE sign. Thanks secret santa.

Thats cool Luther, I always thought those signs looked elegant.

Well Ernie -you are going to laugh at this. I got the same thing that I sent to my victim. Yes -The art of George Barris. Wow this is really a neat book Secret Santa -whoever you are -THANKS A BUNCH!!! But I called Walmart about Sasha's gift and they did not know what I was talking about.
BTW -----Guess I'll be flipping through this book while I listen to the debate . There are tons of pictures in it.

James? You mean, YOU were my Secret Santa????? :rflmao:

It is a cool book. I got one for a friend of mine. Both he and his wife are going to dig it.

I got a large flat box from Michigan yesterday. Should I open it now, or wait till Christmas (maybe Christmas eve!)?

Mine arrived a couple of days ago. It was a super cool goody basket from Texas. Man I chowed down on the beef jerky :)

Thanks Santa !!!

Back
Top Bottom