2016 South Florida AK Gathering February 20th is on!

Eh, I may be looking at Sunday now. As my 2/20 schedule dictates, I am working until noon and wouldn't likely make it down until 4PM from Jacksonville. Let me know if you guys are still doing Sunday, or if anyone is staying through late afternoon/early evening.

I haven't heard anything from anyone concerning Sunday, but many are staying in town overnight. I imagine we could meet Sunday also for those coming in late Saturday, or those that just couldn't get enough of the fun. :naughty: I can say for sure I will be there Sunday regardless.

I'm working on building a nice stereo shelf system that will hold the bigger, heavier vintage equipment, hope to show it off at the gathering. It is very difficult to find anything anymore that isn't made for the modern smaller equipment.

Bumping this up to keep everyone's interest, time is winding down, before you know it the fun will begin. :thumbsup:

I will be there! with plenty of gear to sell or trade

Great, glad you can make it.

We have right around 19 confirmed, and about 7 that are possible but not confirmed. Hope we can get everyone locked in and joining the fun, twelve days to go. :thumbsup:

Wow, just came across this thread, I am moving to Florida tomorrow, albeit Leesburg area, I'd love to come too. I'll have to check and see what my work schedule is going to be. The powers that be control that and I won't find out till first of next week. Anyone passing by Leesburg? I'll firm up my confirmation as soon as I know.

Just curious? How many people are you expecting at this event? Have you had this before and how was the attendance then?Is there going to be anyone there looking for gear or just tire kickers? The reason I am asking is it is a lot of work to load and haul equipment to the other coast only to have a small amount of buyers there and then have to haul it back again.Some of the stuff I am planning on bringing is a pair of Magnepan MG llb's, a pair of Criterion X5A speakers,A pair of Aztec Petit 1000 speakers,A Sansui 9090 reciever,A Kenwood KA 7100 amp,a Roberts reel to reel with 85 reels, a ADC Sound shaper 110 eq, an Akai CS F12 tape deck,a Yamaha Kx 250 tape deck, a Kenwood KX 2520 tape deck and possibly other gear.Let me know what you think Regards Jon

Wow, just came across this thread, I am moving to Florida tomorrow, albeit Leesburg area, I'd love to come too. I'll have to check and see what my work schedule is going to be. The powers that be control that and I won't find out till first of next week. Anyone passing by Leesburg? I'll firm up my confirmation as soon as I know.

Shackman, we would very much like it if you can attend, hope it works out for you. :thumbsup:

Just curious? How many people are you expecting at this event? Have you had this before and how was the attendance then?Is there going to be anyone there looking for gear or just tire kickers? The reason I am asking is it is a lot of work to load and haul equipment to the other coast only to have a small amount of buyers there and then have to haul it back again.Some of the stuff I am planning on bringing is a pair of Magnepan MG llb's, a pair of Criterion X5A speakers,A pair of Aztec Petit 1000 speakers,A Sansui 9090 reciever,A Kenwood KA 7100 amp,a Roberts reel to reel with 85 reels, a ADC Sound shaper 110 eq, an Akai CS F12 tape deck,a Yamaha Kx 250 tape deck, a Kenwood KX 2520 tape deck and possibly other gear.Let me know what you think Regards Jon

I know most of us don't need more equipment unless it is an upgrade, and the price or trade bait is good, so Barter Town is a good place to list what you have before coming. This gives others a chance to respond with interest, or a possible trade.

So far we have 19 confirmed, and another 6 or so last minute decisions.

One week to go after today, hope everyone that has not confirmed can make it work and attend. Lets see if we can muster up a few more members that might be able to come. Please post here if anyone intends on bringing a friend or two.

Got my Garmin GPS programmed so I'm good to go . However is there a contact number for those that might get turned around to call for assistance.
Do you want me to bring some name tags so we know who's who?
See you all there!!

Got my Garmin GPS programmed so I'm good to go . However is there a contact number for those that might get turned around to call for assistance.
Do you want me to bring some name tags so we know who's who?
See you all there!!

If you would like to handle the name tags, that would be great. I also thought about having a log book for everyone to sign in so we know exactly who attends.

**We need to also make sure that everyone knows there is a 25.00 cover charge that will be used to pay for the food and refreshments supplied. This was posted in the very first information post starting the thread.**

Last edited:
Everyone bring a camera so we will have plenty of pictures to put on Audiokarma.

Getting things organized this week, tables, chairs, power strips, speaker wire, and food and drinks. It will be nice meeting everyone in person, all we need is weather like today to put it over the top. :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom