Any interest in a Chicago area club?

I'm in Madison and I will drive down for a meeting! I've got a mix of vintage and newer stuff. Been in this hobby for a long time. Would be great to swap ideas.

I'm in the city and would love to meet up with some fellow audio geeks! I have subscribed to this thread.

I'm also in Wheaton and interested. Just in case you're counting, that makes 3 in Wheaton. We should start our own.

And I count a few more in towns immediately adjacent.

back on post 26 I noted there are a bunch of Wheaton and very close to wheaton folks. Well Vinylator and I just talked and we're planning an outing to the 4/16 date of Axpona this year. Any other very local folks want to join us or just meet at the show?

back on post 26 I noted there are a bunch of Wheaton and very close to wheaton folks. Well Vinylator and I just talked and we're planning an outing to the 4/16 date of Axpona this year. Any other very local folks want to join us or just meet at the show?

I plan on being at the show on the 16th, and would be happy to meet there.

SO? The point it is to learn and isn't that what this hobby is about? Are you scared that all your preconceived ideas will be blown away? Are you concerned you will want to spend money?

I am just asking these questions because it shouldn't matter. It is all about learning....

I used to think that way also but realized it is all the same hobby and it is nice to learn and to talk to others in the hobby. You will be amazed how accommodating people can be in this hobby.

The Chicago Audio Club has some great members (have met them at AXPONA before). They also talk about some interesting topics. I would have loved to go to their meetings but a 10 hr round trip is a lot.
Dude....relax.I'm sure I'd hear some great stuff but I don't have the cash for that kind of gear.I'm happy with what I've got and that's fine for now.It's not about having what you want,it's wanting what you got.

[QUOTE="I'm happy with what I've got and that's fine for now.It's not about having what you want,it's wanting what you got.[/QUOTE]

And sometimes when you get what you want, you don’t want what you GET. I E upgrading one part of your system that forces you to upgrade more. Or (in my single days) getting that smoking hottie, then dealing w/ her MAJOR issues. :) I am content w most of my stuff but I will continue to tinker. Also, some high end stuff, like the $600 stands for my Magnepan’s- can be easily duplicated for 10% of the retail. So it’s good to see them, now I know what I’m building today!!

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I am looking for a Pony Express from the Chicago area to Massachusetts or NH, sometime before January 1. Again, my apologies for jumping into this thread, but I thought it an ideal place to ask. Thanks, Mike

Funny you should bump this. I was reading this again and I’m gonna host a meet up soon.

Date not flexible; yer gonna have to clear your schedules! :-D
Cool I hope I can make it. Just wonderin...doesn't any one wanna do these in the summertime?

Back
Top Bottom