Denver vintage voltage expo

If anyone does make it to this fall show, take a few pics and post 'em. It'll be interesting to see what it looks like compared to the spring one.

Happy trails,
Larry B.

No pics, but.........I was not impressed. Not nearly the amount of people and equipment as at the previous March Vintage Voltage. Kinda sorry I made the drive. Plus parking was a real pita.

Mike

I'll be there, early-ish. Not selling anything this year, I was gonna split a table with Mark that fell through. What time are you thinking for bkfst?

Happy trails,
Larry B.

Hey all.
I am going, I have a table this year, Joe K does as well.. A few things to sell, looking forward to seeing anyone who makes the trek.
G

http://danacain.com/vintage-voltage-expo/

starts at 11

If Glen and/or Joe are going to breakfast, they should pick a time. Otherwise maybe 8.

I'm happy to help schlep stuff in.

Me too. I have a few small things I'd like to sell, but not worth paying for a whole table. If anyone wants to sublet part of a table I'd be glad to do that and help during the day.

8 sounds good, or perhaps 7:30 to get back to the venue before it opens.

Happy trails,
Larry B.

Vintage Voltage South (or, as I call it, VV Lite) is this Sunday in Parker-ish. Anybody swingin' by? Anyone have a table?

Cheers,
Larry B.

Hi.
Parker....that is near Kansas right?
Could be fun, but I will be staying north.
Please report in if you go.
Glen

Greetings from the East ! I was actually thinking of making a real trek to the Vntg Voltg show in March, with the same venue hosting the Colorado Antq Radio club nearby on the same day, right ?

How close are the "two" shows ? Is Dana Cain the promoter of both events ? Could anyone give me an idea how many attendees show ?

Has the number of exhibitors gotten larger over time ? Finding info about these shows online is tough. The RMAF shows seem to report less attendance this past year. The pix of past VVE expo shows sure appear interesting, though. Does anyone coordinate listening sessions at the VVE ? There is nothing like five adjacent booths/tables cranking music simultaneously...noisy to say the least...

I would like to be an exhibitor at VVE, but wonder if the adjacent antique radio show is the "mellower" spot where my stereo/mono setup for spinning early discs of all speeds would be more appreciated. I will bring some preamps with variable phono EQ and tube amps, along with some full range Philips 8" speakers for demo. Also, I'll have tubes and gear available for swaps....

I would really appreciate some "heads up" assistance, as the trip would be a monumental journey from my locale...

Greetings Easterner. VV and the Antique Radio show are in the same place; Antique Radio in the lobby and VV in the banquet hall. AFAIK, Antique Radio is just an exhibition, not much in sales - all that is in VV.

Can't guess as to attendance; an email to Dana would surely get you that info. Seems to get more crowded every year; RMAF is, of course, a totally different animal.

Coordinated listening sessions? Hah. It ain't that kind of show; (almost) anything goes.

Where exactly would you be coming from? Bear in mind, March in Colorado could be 75 degrees, or we could have two feet of snow. (March and April are the snowiest months on the Front Range).

Last edited:
Tumbles spot on with expectations and weather. VV has always been a big gathering, plus everyone know's all great vintage equipment and speakers somehow find their way to Colorado (military retiree's I guess).

Back
Top Bottom