Newish Rock Music

Not sure if I would classify this as good or new. It sounds like boring 60's San Francisco music to my ears. Check out The Raveonettes or even X, who have that droney, almost off key singing, but with way more developed songs.
In my opinion.

Just came upon this video and was playing it on the full 2-channel setup. Bass sounds amazing. I don't know why folks say there's no good rock music anymore.

Thanks for posting this. Those guys definitely listened to some Jefferson Airplane. Not new in terms of style, but nice to see younger musicians freshening up older genres.

Not sure if I would classify this as good or new. It sounds like boring 60's San Francisco music to my ears. Check out The Raveonettes or even X, who have that droney, almost off key singing, but with way more developed songs.
In my opinion.

Raveonettes are much more structured, but their okay in small doses. X has some good songs. Not sure what you mean by "developed songs", but it doesn't sound good to me. When I said new, I meant recent. There is nothing new, everything's been done.

I happen to like "boring 60's San Francisco music" and guitar freakouts so I liked the OP's clip.

Slagging a rock band band for sounding like an older band seems pointless. I seem to recall the Beatles sounding like the Everly Brothers and Mick Jagger sounding like Don Covay.

And then we have the Raveonettes "freshening up" a newer older genre from the late 80s in their perfunctory Stone Roses cover.

Back
Top Bottom