Greetings from the road!

Can't pick up a load until 5pm Pacific time. Somehow, "It's 5:00 somewhere." doesn't work in this situation. :idea: It's going to Phoenix and hopefully, I will be continuing East from there. I'm really trying to stay out of CA.

Haven't been there yet, but it's within the 48 states, so it's highly likely that I will get there at some point. I have driven in NJ and PA.

Let me know ahead of time if you're coming through Iowa and Nebraska on I-80.

If you make it this way and manage to stop at the Sapp Bros. truck stop on I-80 and Hwy50 in Omaha, give me a shout and I'll come up and shoot the breeze with ya. :thumbsup:

I have some serious ire with Swift. I got a load offering yesterday which I accepted going from Shafter, CA to SA. I get to Shafter this am and my driver manager calls me to find out where I am. Turns out that the load was at the Phoenix terminal. Immediately, they tried to blame me and I told them that I work off of the load origin message and the Shafter address was given and made it clear that I do NOT accept blame for their mistakes. Already, I'm looking at possibly moving on. I'm not very happy with Swift right now. This is when they decide to tell me that they wouldn't have drivers dead head more than 50 miles. So, from November 30 until now, NOT ONE instructor, manager, recruiter, mentor, etc can tell me this? Wait until I go over 400 miles and then say it? What a bunch of idiots!

Already, I'm looking at possibly moving on. I'm not very happy with Swift right now.
.....and I don't blame you, James, but I wouldn't jump ship yet....you've finished all your training, got your own tractor, and things are probably about to break loose with more work than you'll want....give it a month or two.....

.....in a pleasant manner, I'd call the driver manager back and ask him if there are other things you need to know besides the deadhead mileage limit....don't forget, he can make you or break you concerning work assignments or the lack thereof....I'm not saying to kiss anybody's butt, but his attitudes toward you are most likely crucial.....

Last edited:
.....and I don't blame you, James, but I wouldn't jump ship yet....you've finished all your training, got your own tractor, and things are probably about to break loose with more work than you'll want....give it a month or two.....

.....in a pleasant manner, I'd call the driver manager back and ask him if there are other things you need to know besides the deadhead mileage limit....don't forget, he can make you or break you concerning work assignments or the lack thereof....I'm not saying to kiss anybody's butt, but his attitudes toward you are most likely crucial.....

^^^^^
+ 1 What Mulester says.

Thanx guys. Needed to vent frustration.

As of last night, I have officially seen "The Fugitive" more times than I have seen my own hands. Funny how the fact that the rest of AMC's movie collection was stolen never made the news! "Well, we still have this movie. We can just show it over and over and no one will notice."

Back
Top Bottom