Dave Slagle Monoblock Transformer Volume Control Build

So it sounds like they are not standard 6mm shafts. Where did you find knobs that worked? I'm reluctant to file down the shafts.

So it sounds like they are not standard 6mm shafts. Where did you find knobs that worked? I'm reluctant to file down the shafts.

I got them from Welbourne Labs 25 yrs ago.

I was thinking of taking my knobs to a metal shop and having them drill the knobs out, it wouldn't be a lot of metal, but accuracy is needed.

well that is helpful. i'm seeing a bunch of knobs for 1/4" shafts on the bay and looks like PE has them too. thanks!

You would think that Dave Slagle would pick a shaft size for his modules that customers can find knobs for or else provide knobs himself, if they are a unique size.

morph to knobs.. :D been following thread a bit.

We had a member with a big thread on 3d printing... can't see why it wouldn't work. I have a sta-2300 with aluminum and small bands of rubber to give you grip. well thought of could be dipped, too. There are inserts that could be made but what the heck.. not a perfect fit on shaft? well improvise!

bink

At the moment our TVC's are inline with the Bottlehead 2a3. Sublime. Still shaking my head and someone said passive have no dynamics.:whip:

that looks nice! i just finished mine too: http://albums.phanfare.com/isolated/1xGL8309/1/7200082

so far it is very detailed and balanced. i have to do a shoot-out with the LDR, but i think the TVC has an edge re detail. i did find that it was not able to fully attenuate one of my sources, a tuner. luckily the tuner has output pots so i can reduce its output. however, i'd rather take those pots out of the equation, so the lack of full attenuation is a downside of the TVC.

is there any burn-in period with the TVC?

Back
Top Bottom