What CD Player Do You Use?

Onkyo DX-C390 - fairly low end but sounds good to my ears. :)

cdp.jpg

Pros: very quiet operation, 6 disc capacity, controls above the tray, dimmable lighting (the white sliver in the middle of the player) allows for low light disc exchange.
Cons: the control buttons are small and hard to see/read except in direct light

Nothing exotic but it sounds fine to me!

IMG_0589.jpg

The only thing I've ever found even remotely resembling a thrift shop "score" was this Realistic CD 2000 player. I don't know who made it for Radio Shack but it plays my burned CDs fine and it has always worked flawlessly.

IMG_0586.jpg

Agreed...If it Sounds Good to YOU,then it is Good......The Absolute Bottom Line is ""Music is the ETHEREAL Connection of All Human Kind"".....It is Independent of Colour-Creed-Religion-Geography or Value-

For the very best sound quality,it's gotta be the 22 kg NEC CD-903. I don't like using it too often though,case it should develop a fault.

007_zpsyjwuruqv.jpg
My goodness, I haven't seen one in 20 years or more like 25. I purchased one from Stereo Exchange on Broadway in I think 1990. Never distributed here and the table top remote was very "statement". I sold mine off for a Sony 707ESD and the DAS-703ES. Nice to see one again.

My goodness, I haven't seen one in 20 years or more like 25. I purchased one from Stereo Exchange on Broadway in I think 1990. Never distributed here and the table top remote was very "statement". I sold mine off for a Sony 707ESD and the DAS-703ES. Nice to see one again.

Cheers,I've been told there were only six 240 volt UK NEC CD-903 CDP's ever manufactured. The one I own originally belonged to a managing director of NEC UK.

At the time I am using my trusty Yamaha cdc-555 cheap-o 5 disc changer but hey.. It sounds ok and kind of matches my tape deck

Attachments

• Yamaha_CD-555_5disc_CD_player.jpg
    Yamaha_CD-555_5disc_CD_player.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 21
Pretty much none any more. All my CDs are ripped and played back via computer and DAC.

Prior, mainly a Denon DCD 1560 with a small dabbling in old Magnavox CDPs and some of the inexpensive DVD players alleged to sound decent.

I have a Denon DCD 910 I bought new sometime in the late 80's. I've been very happy with it although the remote volume doesn't work at times. I also have a Denon DCM 460 5 disc changer I bought from my neighbor and it works great, good for hours of listening in my garage or parties. It would be interesting to read reviews on this stuff.
My first CD player was a JVC XL-V400 I bought new in 1985? I don't remember much about it other than it cost a lot, It could play CD's and it was very exciting at the time. Part of the digital revolution and all that. I've only owned 3 players. Now I collect records and want vintage gear lol.

I got a JVC XL-MC334 200-Disk CD Player. I got it from Goodwill in bad shape for $1 lol.
20160418_092154.jpg
I cleaned it up inside and out, and fixed the door issue [haven't had it happen in a while; where the door would get stuck open or close]. It works great now :)

I currently use a DVD/SACD player: Sony DVP-NS9100ES, but I'll be replacing it with my Meridian CD 500 Transport with a Cambridge Audio DAC. Both are really great - the Sony's DAC is really good - sounds top notch (as it should, TOTL in 2005 or so). I'd keep it, but is is physically large.

Back
Top Bottom