KEF Concerto - Baileys Transmission lines crossover upgrade

hi,yes like many times thread change topic subject an apologise for that, as for the chevelosm question if is was me, I will buy a Falcon X-over of IMF MK III second version or Tls 80, buy a HF1300 4ohm easy easy and cheap to get,add a coles STW or even better a Celestion HF 2000 to get the ultimate speaker from this design.

The T27 is a superb tweeter that was used in the LS3 5a, the JR-149 and many other fine speakers. You may want to look elsewhere for the sonic deficiencies. I'd start with the caps.

Just fitted cheap np electrolytics to the crossovers until the proper replacements arrive.
Mid to top end is so much more open and detailed now. Massive difference.

Here's the little suckers

20160424_180326.jpg

hi,yes like many times thread change topic subject an apologise for that, as for the chevelosm question if is was me, I will buy a Falcon X-over of IMF MK III second version or Tls 80, buy a HF1300 4ohm easy easy and cheap to get,add a coles STW or even better a Celestion HF 2000 to get the ultimate speaker from this design.

I might upgrade the crossovers and add the coles in the future.

Update;

I'm planning to change the crossovers from the original DN12 to hand making the Radford xovers including new internal wiring, refit new internal wool lining.

Is it worth mounting the B110 in it's own round tube chamber?

Will update my review once I have completed this upgrade.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom