The official Music score thread

Today's score. From Region records in Griffith, Indiana.

Some nice stuff to pick through here. Rough around the edges as the owner, Josh, is still getting things set up.

I'll be back, for sure.

1.jpg

In the last week or so,I have found Eva Cassidy Live At Blues Alley, The Band The Last Waltz 2CD set, Susan Tedeschi Just Won't Burn, Lyle Lovett and His Large Band, Steve Miller Band the Best of 1968-1973, Lipbone Redding Best of LB Volume1, ZZ Top Antenna, Iron Butterfly In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, and Quicksilver Messanger Service The Ultimate Journey. All from Goodwill.

Opus

Hit a yard sale and found a mother lode of albums. The guy had 5 old refrigerators full of records, most of them older jazz albums. I paid $50 for all of these, so I think I did very well...

The Best of The Guess Who
The Beatles- "Hey Jude", "Magical Mystery Tour" and "Abbey Road"
Prince- Purple Rain
Fleetwood Mac- Kiln House
Credence Clearwater Revival- S/T and Mardi Gras
Miles Davis "Milestones" and "Round About Midnight"
The Mothers of Invention- Weasels Ripped My Flesh
Deep Purple- Purple Passages
Foghat- Girls To Chat and Boys to Bounce
Otis Redding and Jimi Hendrix (from the Monterey Pop Festival)
Emerson, Lake and Palmer- Pictures at an Expedition
Bob Dylan- Slow Train Coming
Pat Benatar- Precious Time
Paul and Linda McCartney- Ram
"Jaws" soundtrack
"The Good, The Bad and the Ugly" soundtrack
"Phantom of Paradise" soundtrack
Crosby and Nash- Wind on the Water
The James Gang- Thirds
Alice Cooper- Greatest Hits
Peter Frampton- Frampton
Van Morrison- Wavelength
Aerosmith- Get Your Wings
Chicago- Chicago Transit Authority
Steve Miller Band- Book of Dreams
Yes- Fragile
The Rolling Stones- "Tattoo You", "Let It Bleed" and "Exile on Main Street"
Rush- Archives
Pink Floyd- "Meddle" and "Obscured By Clouds"
Joe Cocker- Joe Cocker!
Lynyrd Skynyrd- Pronounced...

Hit a yard sale and found a mother lode of albums. The guy had 5 old refrigerators full of records, most of them older jazz albums. I paid $50 for all of these, so I think I did very well...

The Best of The Guess Who
The Beatles- "Hey Jude", "Magical Mystery Tour" and "Abbey Road"
Prince- Purple Rain
Fleetwood Mac- Kiln House
Credence Clearwater Revival- S/T and Mardi Gras
Miles Davis "Milestones" and "Round About Midnight"
The Mothers of Invention- Weasels Ripped My Flesh
Deep Purple- Purple Passages
Foghat- Girls To Chat and Boys to Bounce
Otis Redding and Jimi Hendrix (from the Monterey Pop Festival)
Emerson, Lake and Palmer- Pictures at an Expedition
Bob Dylan- Slow Train Coming
Pat Benatar- Precious Time
Paul and Linda McCartney- Ram
"Jaws" soundtrack
"The Good, The Bad and the Ugly" soundtrack
"Phantom of Paradise" soundtrack
Crosby and Nash- Wind on the Water
The James Gang- Thirds
Alice Cooper- Greatest Hits
Peter Frampton- Frampton
Van Morrison- Wavelength
Aerosmith- Get Your Wings
Chicago- Chicago Transit Authority
Steve Miller Band- Book of Dreams
Yes- Fragile
The Rolling Stones- "Tattoo You", "Let It Bleed" and "Exile on Main Street"
Rush- Archives
Pink Floyd- "Meddle" and "Obscured By Clouds"
Joe Cocker- Joe Cocker!
Lynyrd Skynyrd- Pronounced...
Nice haul you came home with. Lots of good stuff in there.

I just picked up king crimson in the court of the crimson king mfsl for $10! A few light scratches on b side and little noise but sounds amazing!

Estate Sale finds......
Saw an interesting listing on CL today and thought I'd check it out. Turns out that the owner used to own a record store. There were thousands of LP's, CD's and tapes. It was really overwhelming and I just decided to focus on some of the bookcases of CD's and found a few things I didn't have and a few items to expand the bedroom library.

Blues Breakers - John Mayall with Eric Clapton
James Brown - The CD of JB
Jackson Browne - Standing in the Breach
Leonard Cohen - Songs of Love and Hate
Leonard Cohen - Songs of Leonard Cohen
Crosby,Stills & Nash - Crosby,Stills & Nash
Donavan - Hurdy Gurdy Man
Bob Dylan - Another Side of Bob Dylan
Bob Dylan - Nashville Skyline
Bob Dylan - Shot of Love
Jimi Hendrix - Jimi Plays Monterey
Buddy Holly - Greatest Hits
Iron Butterfly - In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida
Dave Matthews - Everyday (Unopened)
Manfred Mann - The Definitive Collection
Nico - Chelsea Girl
Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Live at Carnegie Hall
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Couldn't Stand the Weather
Muddy Waters - Chess Box Volumes 1&2

Edit Post Rep

Last edited:
A bittersweet day/record haul. My local 2nd hand record store, which I visit every weekend is closing it's doors for good, and has been having a blow out sale for the past month. Started off with 25% off all pricing, and then 50% off, then last weekend it was 75%, and then this weekend it was everything for $1.00. I missed today's 'special' but did purchase last week (and many many weeks before). A good haul, but also kinda guilty getting some good stuff cheap. Sad to see the store go, as there is nowhere else on Whyte, or local selling good 2nd hand vinyl. The more 'mainstream' stuff is the wife's!

Went to the local auction, as usual when they have the best stuff they seem to fail at taking good pictures to post online. So this time I went prepared with $165, I should have brought $180 though. While we were bidding per stack of records (6 stacks) I lost track of how much I spent and let a stack go because I didn't know if I had enough to cover it, after I got the stacks I knew had gems in them. I had to buy most of what they got for as much as they spent on it and they got to keep some beat up Beatles and Zeppelin albums. I got the stack with the Beatles records that are EX-NM. I think they may have got a nice copy of The White Album : ( I figure if none of the albums they got were desirable pressings they were only worth $60 or so. Still it would have been nice, ahh well next time I'll bring all my money and just YOLO lol.

All together I spent $160, it is too bad some of them are reissues but I think I did well.

When I seen the Nathen Page album I knew it was on like donkey kong.

Edit:There were some hiding...

Last edited:
This weekends finds.

The Blackhorse album is a self produced private pressing from a Texas bar band that is that I had never heard of before. Seems they only sold these at their live shows. I picked it up at the local Habitat ReStore for a buck. The album is excellent in both production and quality of the music. Check it out if you can find it. I was really surprised by it's rarity. I also got a few classic rock albums including Fleetwood Mac, Humble Pie, Kansas, Steve Miller and Kansas.Blackhorse.JPG
Zap_Trane.JPG Dillards.JPG DSCF1236.JPG

The John Coltrane/Johnny Hartman and the Frank Zappa came from from a local antique mall for a very reasonable price. The Dillards albums, Dick Dale (First Mono pressing), and the Otis Redding came from a local flea market. I also picked up some seventies era jazz and rock albums at the Goodwill.

Not a bad weekend

Records.jpg

One of my all time favorites Television - Marquee Moon original Elektra in Ex condish!! Some other good ones. $10 each.

Well they didn't take pictures of everything again and again they had an awesome record collection. So when I got to the auction I was surprised to find them. I got everything for around $23!

I didn't take pictures of all of them my room is a mess due to spring cleaning, pulling everything out and pricing the stuff I don't want to keep. I can't even find all the ones I just bought. _-_ After I get out of the swamp this time I am not letting it get out of hand again. So much stuff so little space : (

Some junk.

I did pretty good at the Flea Market Saturday:

U2-How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb.
KISS-Unplugged
Oasis- Whats the Story Morning Glory
Elivis- 30 #1 Hits
$1 each.

Cars Greatest Hits
$2

Went to an Estate sale Picked up three Dave Brubeck albums two of which were signed by him. One of my favorite Jazz artist. The Dave Brubeck Quartet has Take five on it which is arguably the most noticed jazz tune & Jazz goes to junior college. Both signed by the master. Sadly he passed away not to long ago. I've followed him since I was a teenager. TWO signed albums!
THe other is Paul Simon Graceland in mint condition. Love that album.

$20 for all four.

Last edited:
Was perusing the record store and per my daughter request she asked for 80's song. Didn't find anything and asked the owner when a customer replied "I buy all them". Good for you I thought... He missed one.
Best of OMD. Great record. Glad I found it for her.

Attachments

• IMG_20160415_011331.jpg
    IMG_20160415_011331.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 26
Maybe this went over my head ?

I thought a score was from a garage sale or a thrift store. Like "score" !

I've found some extremely high quality vinyl at thrift stores and it's a score because the person went out of their way, from their normal day and got it for almost free.

Back
Top Bottom