R.I.P. George Grand aka Toasted Almond

Very sorry to hear this, I knew George on another board before I joined AK. He was the same there also. Good guy indeed
Same here.

And I bought many an LP from George to help his cause at the Githens Center. Many times after letting George know which LPs I was interested in, he would PM me that they were in the mail before I had a chance to get my check out. Trust is something to be treasured. I'll miss that about him and some of his gruff posts, because they were honest and up front, and many times resulted in a good belly laugh.

My condolences to his family.

Sometimes you have dealings "over the wire" with someone, and you say to yourself, "I'd like to meet that guy in person some day". George was such a fellow. Sure - I only bought albums from him and we exchanged pleasantries via PM....... but I can't help but feel that my life is somehow a bit poorer because I never got to meet him in person.

I didn't have the honor to meet George (aka Toasted Almond) in person, but came to know him through Audiokarma. A good man has gone to his final rest.

Sorry to hear of the passing of Toasted Almond. He will be missed on AK. Condolences and best wishes to his family.

It is very sad to hear that a much appreciated AK member has passed away. Rest in peace!

Last edited:
Oh my, Toasted Almond will be missed and my heart goes out to his family. His annual report of the record sales contribution was inspirational. Clearly he gave more in life than he took.

Roger

Sorry for your loss of a good friend Ernie, and condolences to the family. May he rest in peace!
Regards,
Jim

Wow! Had to sit back in my chair as I read this sad note. TA was always a nice guy to me & I am deeply saddened to hear this. May a prayer of comfort & healing be sent to his family & friends in this time of loss!

Rome

Thank you George for jokes, and enjoyment you brought to myself and many others. You'll be missed. This is very sad news

He was a stand-up guy. Not many like him. We're poorer for his absence.

Regards,
Gordon.

Sorry to hear of this. George was a straight-up, no-nonsense, kindhearted fella.

This is a notable loss for humanity.

Well, doggone it! I said other words when my jaw dropped upon seeing this thread but I will keep it polite here. The world is short one man-sized nugget of pure gold.

I'll enjoy all those records I bought. Darn you George, they don't all fit on the shelves and it's partly your fault. :thumbsup:

Many of you already know this. Some, I am certain, do not. George Grand, our own Toasted Almond, sold a lot of records on AK and Club Polk, and, before that, gear, of all descriptions. ALL the proceeds, not net, all the gross proceeds, went to the Githens Center for the Handicapped, in Mt Holly, NJ. where his daughter Tiffany went to school and received much care. You see, George and Teresa's daughter, Tiffany, was dealt a cruel blow in her life, Rett syndrome, a neurodevelopmental disease, that is almost exclusive to girls, one with a particularly nasty course. Her earthly struggles ended in 2005, at the age of 20. George began fundraising for the Githens Center, until, well, until his end. His last record thread showed a sale this year, while he battled the cancer which finally took him from this world. George's efforts, for which he always gave us credit, permitted the Githens Center (GC) to build an accessible and safe playground for the students and residents of the school. If you search for 'GitRep', under Toasted Almond's name, you will get an idea of the magnitude of this. I leave that to you.

Instead, I want to point you to this thread, about Tiffany's Rosebush.

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/the-tiffany-rosebush.61582/

I'm not saying you HAVE to believe this was anything more than coincidence. I only know what I believe.

George worked tirelessly for a decade, raising funds for the GC. I would like each of you, who, like me, have purchased records from George, to consider one more fundraising push, in George's memory. The Githens Center takes paypal, now, even if George didn't, so I have sent a donation to them, in George's memory. If we sent flowers, he'd be the first to thank us, and then chew us out a new one, pointing out that the GC could use the money, and rightly so. The family will receive notification of the donation in George's memory, so Teresa, George's widow, and Stephanie, their younger daughter, will get a bit of an idea just how far George's reach extended through the online world. George and Tiffany are joined together again, looking down on all of us. Let's give George a sendoff to remember. Be sure to include a message that your donation is in memory of George Grand.

http://www.githenscenter.org/donations/

...and click on Dkip to Donations. That will take you to paypal.

If you, like George, prefer to pay by more traditional means, here is the address:

Githens Center
(Burlington County Cerebral Palsy Association)
40 Cedar Street, Mount Holly, NJ 08060

Thank you for your time and consideration. Please keep the Ladies of the home of the Jersey Grands, in your thoughts and prayers, while they mourn.

Done.

Here's a pic I posted a while back.

index.php

George worked tirelessly for a decade, raising funds for the GC. I would like each of you, who, like me, have purchased records from George, to consider one more fundraising push, in George's memory. The Githens Center takes paypal, now, even if George didn't, so I have sent a donation to them, in George's memory. If we sent flowers, he'd be the first to thank us, and then chew us out a new one, pointing out that the GC could use the money, and rightly so. The family will receive notification of the donation in George's memory, so Teresa, George's widow, and Stephanie, their younger daughter, will get a bit of an idea just how far George's reach extended through the online world. George and Tiffany are joined together again, looking down on all of us. Let's give George a sendoff to remember. Be sure to include a message that your donation is in memory of George Grand.

http://www.githenscenter.org/donations/

...and click on Dkip to Donations. That will take you to paypal.

Great idea, I'm in..........................and done..:angel:

MVC-001S.JPG MVC-002S.JPG

Back
Top Bottom