Aiqin/Oldchen Tube Amps

bubba42

A thread for discussing Oldchen or Aiqin tube amplifiers, particularly the EL34 amp that many of us have been buying.

Aiqin.JPG

I've looked at those GemTune amps at Amazon's site for awhile. I like their name better than the usual Chinese badges which I'm never sure how to pronounce. GemTune, yeah, sounds like it was made in Murka.

since my last update we been renovating the house, all my stuff is in boxes and all i have for sound, is a bluetooth boombox, i have to say i'm going into a depression - i miss my music. should be an other week.:(

I placed an order for a black deluxe Aiqin EL34 SET amp. I'm looking forward to receiving it. A good match for my Dayton USA PS220-8 Based speakers (96.5db sensitivity). Who knows, I may even prefer it to My Yaqin MC10T Push/pull > B&W DM-16 combo. I've never had a SET amp before.

FWIW the EL34 is a pentode not a triode. A pentode can be wired as a triode but it's usually referred to as a SEP or single ended pentode amp.

I placed an order for a black deluxe Aiqin EL34 SET amp. I'm looking forward to receiving it. A good match for my Dayton USA PS220-8 Based speakers (96.5db sensitivity). Who knows, I may even prefer it to My Yaqin MC10T Push/pull > B&W DM-16 combo. I've never had a SET amp before.

The Dayton PS220-8 point source drivers should sound wonderful with the Aiqin. They're on sale at PE for $109 each. What enclosures are you using with the Daytons?

The GemTune BL -02 has arrived. It looks nicer than the pictures.
And sounds good out of the box. I'm sure it will sound better after the tubes burn in.
I have it paired with my clearaudio concept TT with ortofon Quintet blue, pro-ject tube box ds, listening through my sansui's sp 3500.

Wow that looks pretty nice, that seems like a lot of amp for the price and think how much fun you will have trying different tubes!

Here are the insides of the Luxury version of this amp

AiqinLuxuryInside.JPG

Here are the insides of the Standard version

AiqinInside.JPG

I was originally sent the Standard and I just got the replacement, the Luxury, which is what I originally ordered.

The buzzing is coming from the amp. Not from the speakers.

Hmmm... I guess I hear a very slight hum, coming from the tubes if I put my ear right next to them. So close that I can feel the heat of the tubes and am worried about burning my ear. I also hear a very slight hum from the transformers. Again, only if my ear is almost on them.

How loud of a buzz are you hearing and where is it coming from?

Back
Top Bottom