The official AK golf thread

First 9 yesterday. Hit 6 of 9 good tee shots. The rest looked like "first time."

I feel your pain. I played 18 holes yesterday and hit some nice tee shots but also lost three balls by hitting some not so nice pull draws out of bounds. Why can't I just repeat anything lol.

A recent study found the average golfer walks about 900 miles a year. Another study found golfers drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year. That means, on average, golfers get about 41 miles to the gallon. Kind of makes you proud. You're like.... a hybrid!

Replaced none.
I stand corrected. Seems the trees were removed to put the course back the same as it was when it was developed in 1903. Sounds like they removed what they planted to begin with. Uses less water, fertilizer, etc. now.

Fox sports golf coverage leaves something to be desired. NBC and CBS does golf much better. The only good thing about Fox golf coverage is Holly Sonders.

Fox sports golf coverage leaves something to be desired. NBC and CBS does golf much better. The only good thing about Fox golf coverage is Holly Sonders.
Even though I live in St Louis, I can not give Joe Buck a pass as a golf commentator-stick with the Cards. I never thought I would say this, but I miss Johnny Miller. Did he ever mention that he shot a 63 at Oakmont to win the Open? How many times would he have mentioned it this year?

Last edited:
Miller did a piece on hand position at impact....already improved my game.He does ramble a bit but I always listen to any instructions he gives.

I've been playing very little this year. Same old story, bad back. Lucky to get in 9 a week. So, out of nowhere, I shot a 39 on Friday. Had to par the last three holes to do so. On my last hole I duck hook my drive behind a tree. I'm about 160 out, to a back pin, and have to hit an intentional big controlled draw to avoid the tree and clear a greenside bunker guarding the right side of the green. I pulled it off but I'm still a foot off the green with a 20 footer downhill. I run my chip four feet past so I have to make a knee knocker to save par and secure my 39. Mission accomplished. This has been my one and only golf highlight of the season. It was nice to experience a little ray of sunshine in an otherwise pretty dismal golf year.

45 yesterday...needed better putting but I hit 3 par 3 greens on the fly causing my wife to say "Look at you."....missed all 3 birdie puts.

Unfortunate ending to the USGA Women's Open. They got the call right, but I don't understand the rule about grounding your club. I should re-phrase that - I understand the rule, but don't see the reasoning behind it.

Back
Top Bottom