Zerodust vs Magic Eraser

Magic Eraser vs Zerodust (or Equivalent) vs Liquids

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

misterjones

Since for some reason I'm not being allowed to add to the Sticky hands, aka Zerodust on the cheeeep thread, I thought I'd try adding a new similar (though not identical) topic.

I checked out Youtube videos of both the Magic Eraser and Zerodust methods. Anyone use both, or is that overkill? I'd like to see a poll:

(1) Zerodust (or basic equivalent like Moongel)
(2) Magic Eraser
(3) both
(4) neither
Also, if you use (1) and/or (2), do you also (at least occasionally) use liquid cleaners?

EDIT - Hope the poll choices (you can select more than one) makes sense! Only using a liquid cleaner, I cast my vote.

Last edited:
I use home cleaning products for cleaning my home, not my records or my playback components. It's just how I roll...

I have been using magic eraser. A friend gave me a container of Moongel. I haven't tried it yet.

A couple dips in the Magic Eraser, followed by a couple dips in the ZeroDust, to suck off what the Magic Eraser has scraped loose. If I am playing LPs not yet subjected the the Nitty Gritty, I use the DiskWasher stylus brush with a drop of SC-2, after each LP.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Last edited:
I use Magic Eraser for sinks and toilets.
I use Windex for windows.
I use Dawn for dishes.
(This is what I do, you may or may not agree. That's cool.)

My records go through this machine for cleaning:
IMG_2513-1_zpswcinr6dl.jpg

I use this solution on the RCM:
IMG_1669_zps54hvde9a.jpg

For styli, I use this:
IMG_1392_zpsxyo3f8gt.jpg

and this, every now and then:
IMG_1394_zpsxaqfra6o.jpg

No affiliation to any product(s).

:)

I've found the Magic Eraser is fantastic to clean, with just a little windex or mean green diluted, that anodized finish that is such a pain. Removes the cigarette tar, fingerprints, etc.

And yes, I dunk the needle in it from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom