Green Or Kirwan Or Welch Or Buckingham-Nicks?

Welsh and his solo albums too.
Alright, let's stop this misspelling of Bob's (last!) name right now before it goes any further. You can't change history in two posts but maybe ScramMan2 and elcoholic can at least go back and edit their posts?

Last edited:
Corrected. Welch as in belch. Sorry.

Weren't Kirwan and Welch together in the group for a while? I've sold off all my FM albums for a while so I can't go back and look.

I don't remember if it was Spencer or Kirwan that did the old rock & roll stuff but I didn't like that on the Peter Green albums.

I liked the Green, Spenser, Kirwan, and Welch periods. I stopped buying Fleetwood Mac albums when they were taken over by the Buckingham/Nicks middle of the road music. Mid '70's, imo, the worst couple of years in rock music.
Ditto -- Kiln House is my all-time favorite Mac LP. For some reason, our local AM station played "Jewel Eyed Judy" in its regular rotation. I remember buying the first Buckingham-Nicks LP in college and wondering what the hell had happened to a great band. I play Kiln House for friends and they can't believe it's Fleetwood Mac.

I like them all, all are different but Mic held onto the name just the same. Buckingham & Nicks would be my nostalgia go to though as that's when I was in high school and it's far more popular as to radio play and fame.

Buckingham Nicks was pretty much the sound, only more laid back. One of my favorite go to albums. I was pretty impressed with the mastering of the album as well. Very clean with outstanding range. Surprised that one hasn't been released as an anniversary edition - truth be told, it never even made it to CD, did it?

Only complaint I've heard regularly is some aren't all that happy with the orchestral stuff, but I kinda like it. I hear rumors that Lindsey Buckingham turned in Stephanie for a final grade in one of his music classes?

What boob mispelled Bob?

How would you misspell Bob? That's about as easy as it gets! Heck, spell it backwards, and it comes out boB ... close enough! :rolleyes:

Bob Weston, who played lead guitar on "Mystery To Me" and "Penguin", was another great player. Unfortunately, he was playing around with Mick Fleetwood's wife as well, and was fired.

I don't have much exposure to pre-BN fleetwood. But I've been binge listening to the buckingham nicks album lately, so that's where my vote is gonna go

For me, I was 9 years old when I purchased Rumours.
Songs on this album trigger fond youthful memories, like a soundtrack of 1977.
I appreciate all eras but B/N is the lineup I dig the most.

This would have made an interesting poll.
For me, too hard to choose. I grew up with BN, but the more I explore the older stuff, the more I find to like! As others have said, two (or more) different bands.

I like all MAC up until Buckingham/Nicks joined. Maybe too much FM radio saturation of those later MAC hits....

But "Then Play On", "Kiln House", and "Future Games" are my faves

I couldn't stand the late period at the time, but recently have come to warm to it in limited doses.

I couldn't stand the late period at the time, but recently have come to warm to it in limited doses.
The "limited doses" thing is the key. We've been so saturated with B-N era Mac for the last forty years that we've become desensitized and deaf to the fact that it was actually well-written and carefully crafted pop music.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom