Will a Lexus SC 300 appease my mid-life crisis ?

Bah...the Sc 300 is a Supra MKIV in sheep's clothing.

It's already too fast and too furious for me.

It has the 2jzge in-line 6 cylinder @ 225 hp. If I need to, I can bump that up to 1000 rwhp.

A CJ-8 with a LS Chevy V-8 would be nice, though.

Bah...the Sc 300 is a Supra MKIV in sheep's clothing.

It's already too fast and too furious for me.

It has the 2jzge in-line 6 cylinder @ 225 hp. If I need to, I can bump that up to 1000 rwhp.

A CJ-8 with a LS Chevy V-8 would be nice, though.

Now your talkin'! :D

For those out there thinking about a mid-life crisis car, don't overlook the Z cars.

Mine was a 2003 350Z Track model. Great car!

4-27-03NissanNWMeet3.jpg

Please don't take this wrong, but it is a sad day, indeed when the "Mid-Life" Crisis car is a Lexus...just sayin'. Nothing against Lexus or Nissan, etc,... But where is the Corvette, Porsche, Jag, and the 21 YO Blonde? :banana:

The SC is a great car, I nearly bought one last year and looked at several, just didn't find the right combo of price, mileage, condition to make it happen.
I also like the Supra's, 240's, RX7's and similar sports cars but I'm torn having grown up with muscle cars. I have had a 442, GTO, Vette, radical CJ5 to name a few and I am pulled toward a fun driver but also something I could take to car shows. The Jeep I had was an awesome ride but right now I am looking more toward a GM muscle car, mostly Monte carlo's 70-72, Impala's 65-68, Cutlass / 442 70-72, and Lemans/ GTO 68-72 ..... It mostly depends on what I come across that's a great deal, plus I prefer to have something that's not one of a dozen at the car shows, hence the reason Chevelle and Nova aren't listed.

Congrats! Another RWD!

Avalon is just a bigger Camry and SC series was only RWD. Yup you got to watch for the Camry based ones indeed and they had an ES prefix before that 300.

GS and of course LS are all RWD.

Last edited:
Nice. I hope that you enjoy it Big L.

For me, heh heh, I'm already getting to be on the older side of "mid-life" and such a crisis for me is working on getting 200+ watts to my speakers.

Cheers,
James

Congrats! Another RWD!

Avalon is just a bigger Camry and SC series was only RWD. Yup you got to watch for the Camry based ones indeed and they had an ES prefix before that 300.

GS and of course LS are all RWD.
Lexus IS 250 and IS350 are also Rwd. 206 hp for the IS250 ,306 hp for the IS350

I always thought the SCs were kind of an underrated sleeper of the "personal sporty car" segment....
(Of course, they DO lean a bit more to the White Belt And Shoes crowd compared to a Porsche 911) :)

Back
Top Bottom