kerry67

After seeing pics of a swap held in Ohio (I think that is where it was) from last week, I am debating trying to get something started in Phoenix. Perhaps a yearly event. Possibly tie it in with a record show that goes on a few times a year here. Any Phoenix or Arizona, California, Nevada people interested???

Yeah, what I would like to do is try to tie it in with the Phoenix Record Show. I doubt if we would have enough people setting up to sell to warrant having our own separate swap. At least not a first anyway.....

Local antique radio club holds several swap meets a year. Last one at Brass Armadillo in Buckeye was poorly attended. Several ham fests scheduled over the next few months as well. A tie in with an existing and sucsessful event would probably work best, just need to get the word out.

AZARC has announced their next two swap meets:

October 29th 2016 – Merchant Square Swap Meet
Merchant Square Antique Mall - Chandler, AZ

January 21,2017–Indoor Swapmeet

I am not affiliated with the club, but I have attended 3 of their swap meets now. The Merchant Square venue has the advantage over their indoor location in that there are vintage electronic items inside the antique mall if you don't find anything perusing the club members tables in the parking lot. Also lots of chalk paint:crazy:.

I was an antique vendor at Merchant Square for around 10 years. I am actually in the middle of setting up a Vinyl Record Swap / Music Fair coming this April 8th at the American Legion Post 1 downtown Phoenix. I would LOVE to have some vintage audio guys there......More details to come.

Any swaps coming up? If not maybe we should all just list what we are looking for and maybe someone just wants to sell or trade? :idea:

I would also like to get some more info on this. I know that every suday morning a few get together at the Scottsdale Pavilions to sell electronics of all sorts. Maybe we could line something up with them and grow it into something larger?

I would also like to get some more info on this. I know that every suday morning a few get together at the Scottsdale Pavilions to sell electronics of all sorts. Maybe we could line something up with them and grow it into something larger?
That could work, I'm usually free most Sundays. Hopefully we can get something going, Arizona needs more hifi.

I cancelled the event because in my planning stage, a couple other shows popped up. I had a KILLER location and it could have been cool, but I guess it is not to be. The next Record Show in Phoenix is July 22nd however. let me know about this Pavillions thing.

I sometimes have to work on Saturday till 5, what time does it run till? If I'm not working I'm going to check it out.

Did this ever work itself out? I'm from Ohio and get here a couple times year. I would be interested in arranging a trip when this happens

AZARC has announced their next two swap meets:

October 29th 2016 – Merchant Square Swap Meet
Merchant Square Antique Mall - Chandler, AZ

January 21,2017–Indoor Swapmeet

I am not affiliated with the club, but I have attended 3 of their swap meets now. The Merchant Square venue has the advantage over their indoor location in that there are vintage electronic items inside the antique mall if you don't find anything perusing the club members tables in the parking lot. Also lots of chalk paint:crazy:.

I hate it when I hear about cool stuff after it's already over. I'd be interested in a get together if someone is still planning something.

The record swaps here aren't that good. It's usually always the same people selling the same stuff. I'd be up to go hang out though.

I'm certainly not cool or hip but I feel like
I am an island here.

I tried to set up a vinyl group on meetup. Had a dozen people join the group and not a single person showed up to the much discussed first meet. This sums up people around here for me (and I've lived here 80% of my life).

The record swaps here aren't that good. It's usually always the same people selling the same stuff. I'd be up to go hang out though.

I'm certainly not cool or hip but I feel like
I am an island here.

I tried to set up a vinyl group on meetup. Had a dozen people join the group and not a single person showed up to the much discussed first meet. This sums up people around here for me (and I've lived here 80% of my life).

We should get people together and do lunch some weekend or something.

How about next Saturday the 19th? I know a good place called Amalfi's that has great Italian food and isn't too expensive. Plus it's quiet, so no one has to shout to be heard like Olive Garden lately.

Who else is in? Or has a different idea for where?

Back
Top Bottom