Acoustic Sounds, Analogue Productions, Quality Record Pressings

I arrived this afternoon with a record delivery at my door. Now that is usually normal but in the last few weeks I have not ordered any records, so I was a bit mystified as to who purchased this for me. I thought it might be a family member gifting me something but upon opening the package it was from Quality Pressings. Seems they must have read a post and noticed where I had mentioned receiving a record from them that the center hole was offset, and took it upon themselves to find out who I was and sent me a replacement record. I must say that is going out of the way for customer service. I didn't bother to ask them for a replacement as I feared the replacement would probably be off center as well.

So I just want to thank the individual at Quality Pressing who went beyond the norm of what one expects within a company' customer service for providing me with a wonderful copy of the superb repressing of the Living Stereo LSC-2449 this copy is very good.

Evan AKA (Goodfellas) popped in here a few days ago and I'm sure he got caught up reading the thread. Maybe he decided to take a look and find a good record for you and looked up your name from past orders. That's awesome Ken and grate customer service. I like having his support, and membership here and giving us insight to the company.

I didn't bother to ask them for a replacement as I feared the replacement would probably be off center as well.

You also have to understand that they are not pressing huge number at one time. AP records state, limited to less than a 1000 copies per stamper and that the title will be limited also. So I can see them doing a run or two and stopping till they get close to selling out, this also finds errors and not all copies of a title will have an issue that maybe the first run did. For one thing it's harder and takes up more space and money pressing the whole run of one title and I can't see them doing that till they need them.

Last edited:
Second order...:biggrin:

AAPO 2011-45
45 RPM Vinyl Record
Jimmie Lee Robinson/All My Life

AAPO 2015-45
45 RPM Vinyl Record
Wild Child Butler/Sho' 'Nuff

AAPP 078-45
45 RPM Vinyl Record
Jeff Beck/Blow By Blow

AAPP 081-45
45 RPM Vinyl Record
Jeff Beck/Wired

AIPJ 9103
45 RPM Vinyl Record
John Lee Hooker/It Serve You Right To Suffer

AMOB 457-45
45 RPM Vinyl Record
Jefferson Airplane/Volunteers

AMON 4007
200 Gram Vinyl Record
Roy Orbison/Crying (Mono)

AQNR 104
180 Gram Vinyl Record
Loreena McKennitt/The Visit

ASUNQ 5408
200 Gram Vinyl Record
The Crystals/Twist Uptown

UAPB 538
Preowned Vinyl Record
John Lee Hooker/That's My Story

I got this order in today:banana: tomorrow I'll get the other one.

I am spinning mine now, this is a great performance and was happy to see a music company repress this issue. Classical music IMO is a risky investment as I have to wonder just how much demand there is for these releases. And being this is really ballet music, hardly doubt people are banging down the doors for ballet music, but it is very good. This particular release is a bit hard to find and good copies fetch some decent prices. So having a nice copy at a reasonable price is great.

Evan went out beyond the norm when it comes to customer service. :thumbsup:

Whats up with MFSL, they sure are not putting much out anymore, sure I just bought.
Big Brother & The Holding Company/Cheap Thrills
Jefferson Airplane/Volunteers
Dire Straits, BIA <two years ago

All 45 speed...and it seems that AP is pushing them into it lately. But really looking at what they have and what I already bought two years ago, nothing is new. So what's that sell me only two or three records in a year or two?

Also when buying their records I also think in my head, when they go out of print the value jumps if you want to sell them. They are not selling out or going out of print....:wtf:

Also when buying their records I also think in my head, when they go out of print the value jumps if you want to sell them.

Evan @Goodfellas

And on to the opposite that I see AP doing that bothers me.

I have built a small collection of Classic Records some mint opened and some still sealed that cost me a lot of money. People where spending a lot for CR because they where the best and held to limited numbers and since the company went bankrupt there would be no more of them.

Since AS/AP bought classic records they are also putting out some (a lot) of the same titles that CR did, that effectively lowers the value of my record collection reducing the demand for CR. I would venture to say they are using the same masters and stampers if they have them for some titles.

This messes with the limited numbers of that mastering and what was honored by CR.

Another point on numbers, AP is avoiding it !! Why?

Why are we not getting limited numbers, holding the mastering and press limit to only a specific number and numbering the record covers?

We get no info on this, they state on a sticker, Limited to less than a 1000 copies per stamper, well if they keep making stampers we will have records that loose value based on, there is always new copies.

Look at the CCR box set, people jumped all over it buying out the production run. That should be it done with as in Limited!!, Well it looks like you can back order it so it's not limited.

The Doors box set, quiet a bit of money to buy and not numbered. They also sell individual copies of the records, then on top of that you can buy the box and book and make your own box set. :wtf:

The SRV box set they made an attempt to do something right here. The first 1000 boxes would get gold numbering. But thats not how many they will be putting out, just something to make you get off your a$$ and buy fast. The boxes where the only way to get the SRV records, now they are getting ready to sell them individually, are we going to see the box for sale also soon!!!

I love the records but I also think they need to address and follow what all high end record manufactures have been doing for their customers limiting the copies made with a set number, ADDED VALUE.......

I love the records but I also think they need to address and follow what all high end record manufactures have been doing for their customers limiting the copies made with a set number, ADDED VALUE.......

I'm glad they're handling their business the way they are. As long as they keep up their high standard - and so far I don't have the slightest reason to believe they are not - they can put out as many pressings as they want. I don't care about the value of my (or anyone else's) collection, I just want to listen to great music in high quality at an affordable price. And if they're succesful they might get their hands on even more prestigious reissues.

Personally I hold no value in a numbed and or LE copy as I only buy to listen. When I have to pay more for a feature I don't care about then I have less incentive to purchase. I just saved $90 buying the same items separately instead of a LE, numbered, boxed set. These weren't AP products but just wanted to mention for illustration.

Evan @Goodfellas

And on to the opposite that I see AP doing that bothers me.

I have built a small collection of Classic Records some mint opened and some still sealed that cost me a lot of money. People where spending a lot for CR because they where the best and held to limited numbers and since the company went bankrupt there would be no more of them.

Since AS/AP bought classic records they are also putting out some (a lot) of the same titles that CR did, that effectively lowers the value of my record collection reducing the demand for CR. I would venture to say they are using the same masters and stampers if they have them for some titles.

This messes with the limited numbers of that mastering and what was honored by CR.

Another point on numbers, AP is avoiding it !! Why?

Why are we not getting limited numbers, holding the mastering and press limit to only a specific number and numbering the record covers?

We get no info on this, they state on a sticker, Limited to less than a 1000 copies per stamper, well if they keep making stampers we will have records that loose value based on, there is always new copies.

Look at the CCR box set, people jumped all over it buying out the production run. That should be it done with as in Limited!!, Well it looks like you can back order it so it's not limited.

The Doors box set, quiet a bit of money to buy and not numbered. They also sell individual copies of the records, then on top of that you can buy the box and book and make your own box set. :wtf:

The SRV box set they made an attempt to do something right here. The first 1000 boxes would get gold numbering. But thats not how many they will be putting out, just something to make you get off your a$$ and buy fast. The boxes where the only way to get the SRV records, now they are getting ready to sell them individually, are we going to see the box for sale also soon!!!

I really can't speak too much for this, because I am simply not involved in what gets released or when or how many. It's just out of my league. All I can really state is that supply and demand tends to dictate decisions in all businesses. Sorry I don't have a better answer.

I certainly understand that reissuing Classic Records titles hurts the values of some of the originals, but one should also recognize that we also carry those titles, so it actually hurts us too in a sense, which leads me to speculate that there must be some other valid reason (window of time to the rights to press maybe? Really no clue, but time constraints would make sense). They could possibly be the same masters, but they are definitely not the same stampers.

From my perspective here in returns, it makes perfect sense to have the box sets as well as carrying them individually - say you buy a 6 LP box, and it has one defective LP in it...instead of you returning the whole box and us replacing the whole box, we have extra individual LPs available.

Last edited:
I arrived this afternoon with a record delivery at my door. Now that is usually normal but in the last few weeks I have not ordered any records, so I was a bit mystified as to who purchased this for me. I thought it might be a family member gifting me something but upon opening the package it was from Quality Pressings. Seems they must have read a post and noticed where I had mentioned receiving a record from them that the center hole was offset, and took it upon themselves to find out who I was and sent me a replacement record. I must say that is going out of the way for customer service. I didn't bother to ask them for a replacement as I feared the replacement would probably be off center as well.

So I just want to thank the individual at Quality Pressing who went beyond the norm of what one expects within a company' customer service for providing me with a wonderful copy of the superb repressing of the Living Stereo LSC-2449 this copy is very good.

The owner of Acoustic Sounds didn't like the way the Faust or the Witches Brew sounded, so both were re-cut and re-pressed, and anyone who ordered a copy prior to the re-press was sent a new LP of the proper version. You should have received an e-mail regarding this situation, but perhaps it slipped through the cracks or we may not have your current e-mail address. Anyhow, I am glad you are pleased with the result. You can count on us sticking by our product.*

* Within reason lol - I had a customer call me this morning and try to return 14 records he bought from us 8 years ago. It took me 12 minutes of explaining that he was just a tad past the 30 day window and that I wouldn't be able to help him. Seems like common sense to me, but I handle calls like that more than you would believe.

@Goodfellas what's going on with Kenny Burrell - Bluesey Burrell
(Stereo) LP? And when can I expect the new deliver?

This one had a mastering flaw on side 1 in the left channel that for whatever reason didn't get corrected before it went to the press. Anyone who was shipped a bad one will be sent a new, corrected version once they are re-pressed. Unfortunately this will take some time, and has to get sandwiched back in to the pressing schedule at the plant. I would think somewhere around 3 months, but that is only based off of having this happen one other time in the plant's 4 year history. Sorry for the inconvenience. Be sure to keep your jacket.

I am enjoying reading this thread but have only read about the first five pages so far. Excuse me if I missed this or didn't get to it yet. I'm wondering why Acoustic Sounds bothers with numbering the first 5000 copies? They describe the releases as LE when if fact all that is limited are the actual number stickers. Wouldn't it be more valuable to know how many copies were pressed before they decide to no longer make a title anymore?

I am enjoying reading this thread but have only read about the first five pages so far. Excuse me if I missed this or didn't get to it yet. I'm wondering why Acoustic Sounds bothers with numbering the first 5000 copies? They describe the releases as LE when if fact all that is limited are the actual number stickers. Wouldn't it be more valuable to know how many copies were pressed before they decide to no longer make a title anymore?

Generally AP doesn't number any of their records, that's why I made the post above. AP states on the sticker that they limit the stampper use to less than a 1000 copies.

I was kind of wondering the same thing about AP and the numbering just a few days ago. I have to admit that I have no complaints so far with their pressings however. I have about 25 of their albums and each one sounds beautiful when it comes to quality and being dead quiet.

Generally AP doesn't number any of their records, that's why I made the post above. AP states on the sticker that they limit the stampper use to less than a 1000 copies.

My bad, I was referring to Audio Fidelity. It's hard for me to keep all these companies straight.

BTW, Audio Fidelity has QRP press their records.

Some of them...9 of the 17 we currently carry were done by QRP. I'm not sure where they get the others done.

I can't tell you how many countless hours I spent checking Blade Runner, I get the credits song stuck in my head just thinking about it. My co-QC was on vacation for one of the runs too, so it was just me in the sound room all day for a week with Blade Runner on two different presses making them.

Wow looks like they use a vintage turntable there, maybe a JVC QL 50. Or more likely a the QL 5 as that tonearm looks like one the QL 5 had where the QL 50 didn't come with an arm.

Back
Top Bottom