Yamaha NS2000 Surrounds

Holly cannoli, look at those beauties...did they include an alignment tool / shim with those cone kits?
Yes I believe they did, I sure wish I could find a couple NOS......there's gotta be a few around that were never installed somewhere !

Last edited:
Somewhere a few forgotten kits are languishing away never installed in somebody's garage !

does anyone know if the giant NS-10000 have foam surrounds,or the GF-1s'?

reading the thread, apparently the 1000x did not.(they were introdced later than 2000's, I think)

I wonder how long it took Yamaha to learn and avoid about foam degradation problem?

my 2 pairs of 1Ks' keep me happy. but the grass is always greener....

have used with luyman cl32/mq3600 combo and sq-38s, pleasingly-
Like martin colloms I found the yamaha C/B-1 combo to lean,hard, cold, when I tried.

now using kenwood l-1000C/M combo. bliss.

as colloms said, they are amenable to a touch of bass-lift on the tone controls - the 1ks' can do a floor shake, if thats your thing. the kenwood has nice alps tone controls, good range, ideal turnover frequencies.

Last edited:
does anyone know if the giant NS-10000 have foam surrounds,or the GF-1s'?

reading the thread, apparently the 1000x did not.(they were introdced later than 2000's, I think)

I wonder how long it took Yamaha to learn and avoid about foam degradation problem?

my 2 pairs of 1Ks' keep me happy. but the grass is always greener....

have used with luyman cl32/mq3600 combo and sq-38s, pleasingly-
Like martin colloms I found the yamaha C/B-1 combo to lean,hard, cold, when I tried.

now using kenwood l-1000C/M combo. bliss.

as colloms said, they are amenable to a touch of bass-lift on the tone controls - the 1ks' can do a floor shake, if thats your thing. the kenwood has nice alps tone controls, good range, ideal turnover frequencies.

I am assuming you meant nsx-10000.
There is one way for you to find out.
Go on the fleabay; put in a search for NSX-10000; click buy it now button; once they make it to you, please let us know if they are foam:biggrin:

Last edited:
The GF-1 & NSX-10000 are very rare even in Japan I would imagine the best way to find out is check the sold items on hifido Japan they have an English and Japanese language web sites. Note which hifido shop sold them and the send them an email. I wanted to buy a pair of immaculate NSX-10000 on hifido about a week ago (July 2016) and enquired as I had them on the hifido "alert system for a new arrival" one of their employees contacted me via email in pretty good English and advised me their were 8 people ahead of me on the waiting list!

I did see a pair of NSX-10000 for sale on the bay this week, in USA pick up only for around $11000. They looked in excellent condition. You could ask the seller - send him a message about the surrounds or do what rottalpha suggest buy them & let us know.

You can get a pair of NS-2000 which are very similar in sound "just not as magnificent" according to this fellow at hifido. The NSX-10000 are not giant speakers they weigh 52kg each to the NS-2000 47kg each. The Yamaha GF-1 are true giants weighing in at a sumo back breaking 150kg each!

The NS-2000 come up 2 - 4 times a year on hifido.

I bought my NS-2000s and Diatone DS-5000 from hifido. Postage to Australia was expensive due to their weight 2x52kg Packed and 2x87kg respectively and import charges . The packaging was superb, Diatones arrived inside a bubble warped padded wooden crate and the NS-2000 double boxed with the original Yamaha NS-2000 boxes. Few companies could do a better job.

Happy hunting and keep us all updated if you do find out.

Last edited:
If you see my post above yours I mentioned I had seen a pair (this pair) on the bay - they are pickup only so I won't be buying them. They are also very expensive too. For that price I would consider the new NS-5000.

The shipping carrier for the NS-2000 was FedEx
DS-5000 via DB Schenker Australia

Cheers,
Tim

Those Diatones are monsters!

Beautiful monsters! They sound even better than the NS-2000, which those who own them know are superb speakers. Diatone's boron drivers are exquisite. I think only Diatone ever made boron drivers, they are really special. Despite the large woofers and mid base the mids and highs are fantastically integrated. I have yet to hear a speaker that outshines them...

This is quite a good link which provides specs etc:

http://audio-database.com/MITSUBISHI-DIATONE/diatoneds/ds-5000-e.html

I keep getting personal messages from various hifi sites I belong to asking me if I will sell the Yamahas or the Diatones the answer at this point in time is no. I would like to have the Diatones buried with me like a Pharaoh LOL

I keep getting personal messages from various hifi sites I belong to asking me if I will sell the Yamahas or the Diatones the answer at this point in time is no. I would like to have the Diatones buried with me like a Pharaoh LOL

If only they weren't so expensive to ship...and so risky to ship, at the same time. Do you remember what company did hifido used to ship these?

Back
Top Bottom