MLB 2016

noogies

My Favorite Woofers.
Subscriber
Jeez, guys! The All-Star break was two weeks ago and we don't have a 2016 MLB thread going yet! It's not like there's nothing going on in the Show this season -- is this finally the year for the Cubbies? Can the Giants continue their even-year dominance? Cleveland Indians: fluke or dynasty in the making? And whatever became of the Cardinals?

Post up with your thoughts, opinions, rants and raves. Who are you watching? Are there any dark horses within striking distance? Who are the players to watch? Who's having a career year?

Or has the 2016 Election sucked all the air out of the room?

All the pros(sports analysts) picked San Diego last year and Arizona this year.
It just goes to show the pros don't know.
Vince Sculley's last year and I'm pulling for a Dodger come from behind bid for playoff/world series title.

...is this finally the year for the Cubbies?

Most Chicagoans dare not even think such a thought. Personally, I'm from the South Side and thus a fan of the ChiSox, but in solidarity even I will not "imagine" seeing the Northsiders @ play in a World Series.

That darned goat.

Hoping a bunch of HR's and the best bullpen in baseball can be enough to overcome a weak starting pitching staff and put my Baltimore Orioles back in the the post-season......

Giants and Rangers, just like 2010. Hopefully with the same outcome.

(This is of course the optimistic opinion of a Giants fan)

MLB is my favorite sport and I am a lifelong Cardinal fan. As usual injuries have been plentiful this year. And I heard yesterday our rookie SS Aledmys Diaz is on the DL with a broken hand after getting hit with a pitch. Diaz, Carpenter, Moss, Peralta, Lynn, etc all on the DL. If they can get healthy and make the playoffs, anything can happen. It's all about making the playoffs and peaking at the right time. At least with the injuries some other players are getting a chance to play and shine.
Several teams are trying to go for it this year. Should be fun to watch. Right now I would say the Cubs and Rangers look pretty tough. But recent history shows there is a sleeper/spoiler that will stir things up.
Fun stuff for this old man.

Dodger fan here, hoping against hope that somehow the pitching and bats will stay together enough to make the playoffs and go beyond the NLDS. I think the Dodgers, with two more pitchers going on the DL today, have put a record 24 or 25 players on the DL this year, and now Kershaw is put onto the 60 Day DL and not likely to be back before mid September, if then.

That we are only 2 games out from SF is in itself a miracle, but both SF and LA are at risk from the surging Rockies who have been on fire since the ASG, winning now 12 of 14. SF is going through their own rough patch so the head to head games with LA are going to be pivotal for the division.

Interestingly, the Wild Card has been bouncing around with the Dodgers still solidly in the lead (currently up 2 games) with now STL in 2nd WC spot, with Marlins, Mets behind, and now Pittsburgh and Colorado lurking only another game behind. Its going to be an interesting August, then September.

Giants and Rangers, just like 2010. Hopefully with the same outcome.

(This is of course the optimistic opinion of a Giants fan)

Was just up in San Rafael, fun town, and enjoyed Marin area, Muir Woods, Guide Dogs for the Blind center, and Angel Island among other things. Great weather too.

How true.So many outstanding players on that team.but still think of Donaldson as a great all round player.He can hit,produce RBI's great defense and some pretty funky haircuts

Cardinals entertain the Braves tonight in St. Louis. Martinez is pitching tonight and he has been very solid. Question is which offense will show up.

Leaving room for the Rockies to back in?

It might be possible as the Rockies pitching has been a lot better lately to go along with their always good hitting. They're only 3 games out of the WC race and they've been hot since the ASG.

But then as my son says "they're the Rockies, no!"

Back
Top Bottom