What cigar are you enjoying with your tunes?

.....do any of you guys inhale cigars, taking a drag off them like they were a cigarette?.....

I don't. I draw smoke into my mouth slowly... Hold it to get the flavors, then blow it out. If I accidentally inhale it makes me cough. I've never smoked cigs though.

- Woody

I've also never smoked cigarettes and I do not inhale cigar smoke directly.

I had a wonderful treat Saturday night. The son of a good friend plays MLB and traveled to Cuba this spring to play ball. They were each allowed to bring back 2 boxes of cigars. Not knowing cigars he went into a upscale store near where they were staying and on their recommendation he purchased a box of Partagas P No 2, and Montecristo Open Eagle. Both were excellent, but the Partagas blew me away. What a great smoke, rich, very full but smooth. It was 75 minutes of bliss. It stayed cool and smooth until it was under an inch long and burning my fingers. I was very impressed and that is not always the case with Cubans that I have had in the past. Living 1.5 miles from the Canadian border, I have easy access to Cuban cigars and to be honest I always considered the offerings from Oliva, LFD, and Don Pepin Garcia and others to be the equal or better than most Canadian sourced Cubans. This has me rethinking my opinion of Cuban cigars. What a treat! Sorry for the crap photo, it was taken at the bonfire Saturday night.

Attachments

• IMG_20160416_013639770.jpg
    IMG_20160416_013639770.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I went to the cigar lounge today and had a Tatuaje Serie P. Not my favorite Tat but the only one they carry. I occasionally bring something from home to smoke but try to buy something to help keep the doors open.

Sitting on the back patio listening to the Cardinal/Marlins game while smoking a Monte #4 from 2012. Paired with a cup of coffee.

I had been inside watching the game on TV but Tim McCarver drives me crazy when they have him in the booth. So I grabbed a smoke and came outside to listen on the radio. Plus it's a beautiful evening. Also grabbed my pellet rifle to guard my tomatoes from the squirrels.

Ichiro is sitting at 2998 hits and I look forward to seeing hit the 3000 milestone. If your a baseball fan it's hard not to be an Ichiro fan.

Ah yes...

The days of gin n' tonic, rum n' coke, big cars and hot babes.....

A nice Cuban cigar with some Cuban rum and coke in the middle of the night just listening to the wimcycle noise from a woman and a looking into a sky full of stars while Bob Marley plays in the background, then again sometimes it's Frankie or Bing !

Rocky Patel Vintage 1999 Connecticut robusto with a dram of Crown Royal again. Tigers are walloping the Astros on the radio, err, hi-fi.

I got bombed! :) (That's code for cigar enthusiasts that they received a "gift package" in the mail from another cigar enthusiast containing cigars for exploration/sharing.)

Looking forward to digging in!

I got bombed! :) (That's code for cigar enthusiasts that they received a "gift package" in the mail from another cigar enthusiast containing cigars for exploration/sharing.)

Looking forward to digging in!

I hope you enjoy them Don. Time to pop that Cuban cherry.

Por Larranga Petit Corona 2014 (from The Holyland) :smoke:

Nice choice! What did you think?

I just finished a Warped Don Reynaldo corona that was barely smokeable from being plugged. After it warmed up a little I was able to loosen it up a little.

Nice choice! What did you think?

Nice! A tad dry, so I think it might have burned a little hotter than ideal. I didn't get the sticks in the humidor right away so they sat on the counter on their bag for a couple of days. No harm, though. Pleasant aroma, even burn (one re-light, though), and packed a little more wallop than what I'm used to. (An extra cocktail at dinner probably helped, too!) Overall very enjoyable!

Be careful with the Opus X. It is a full bodied/full flavored cigar. Smoke it after a meal and smoke it slow.
RIP Carlos Fuente Sr. The cigar world lost a great man today. Tonight I am going to smoke a Don Carlos 80th Personal Reserve in The Dons honor.

I smoked for 20 years and enjoyed a cigar from time to time. Last cigar I had was in Las Vegas after 30 yrs. of not smoking. It almost killed me. Bent over puking into a garbage can I vowed to never have one of those again. That day I turned 71. My wife said I looked green.

I smoked for 20 years and enjoyed a cigar from time to time. Last cigar I had was in Las Vegas after 30 yrs. of not smoking. It almost killed me. Bent over puking into a garbage can I vowed to never have one of those again. That day I turned 71. My wife said I looked green.

pdm4606, below is not directed towards you specifically. Cigars are not for everyone, just like most hobbies.
Some cigars pack a lot of nicotine, others not so much. Never inhale, smoke after a full meal, smoke slowly and if you begin feeling light headed, dizzy or sick, let a packet or two of sugar dissolve under your tongue or stop smoking and drink a soft drink or something sweet. After about 10 minutes you will be back to near normal.
I enjoy 1-3 cigars a week and always in the evening about an hour after supper. I got Nic sick once when I began the hobby and it kicked my ass, like a terrible case of flu. I just took a nap and woke up feeling better. It was later I learned about sugar or sweet drink helping prevent the onslaught from starting or shortening or minimizing the effects.

Back
Top Bottom