Tharbamar

I've been shopping around for good sounding mini monitor speakers under $500 for bed room system, it's been quiet a while.

And I found that a lot of speakers in this price range suffer from build quality to inaccurate sound reproduction.
Only speakers I liked and kept was JBL Studio 230s but it's too big for my bed room, so I keep on looking and I ran into Q Acoustics 3020 by accident and read this, so I thought I've got to try them in my system.,

Here is my little review.
For $250 Shipped to my door and I found almost perfect speakers for my need.
I'm not saying it's the best speakers ever,my reference is still KEF LS50s not planning to replace it anytime soon.

Trying Q 3020 in main system.

Out of the dox sound quality is very good, playing Heavy Metal, Jazz, Soul, Pop etc.,
As of now, I'm at 50+ hours with Q 3020, good balance natural sounding speakers with quality drivers and cabinet.
Vocal performance was pretty impressive, sound is natural, spacious, lively yet not bright,clarity, transparency, naturality is quiet stunning in audio world for $250 price tag.
Best of all sound of drum and bass is so real and very impressive from tiny budget speakers.
If anyone looking for budget mini monitors should audition them, Q 3020s are my favorite budget speakers since Pioneer BS22s.
Definitely recommended to all music lovers.,

Last edited:
They're great aren't they, I have the 3050's and I can't praise them enough - easily the best speakers I have owned.

My doghters has the 1020 in her bedroom and they are really impressive speakers for the price.

They're great aren't they, I have the 3050's and I can't praise them enough - easily the best speakers I have owned.

Yes. they're great for the money, I would call them one of the best budget speakers.

My doghters has the 1020 in her bedroom and they are really impressive speakers for the price.

Yes it is, 3020s are alos very impressive for the price and well design small speakers for sure.

Thank you.

I quickly replaced my KEF ls50s with the Q Acoustics Concept 20s and found them to be much better. I'd love to have the 40s some day.

Thanks for this. Had looked around for Q Acoustics speakers before stumbling on the Dalis I have now. Still curious about how these sound....

My dad wants a pair of 3020's but I think he really wants the 3050, I just got the Concept 20's with the Concept stands, I was gonna get the 40's but decided I will await the Concept 500's.....

My dad wants a pair of 3020's but I think he really wants the 3050, I just got the Concept 20's with the Concept stands, I was gonna get the 40's but decided I will await the Concept 500's.....

Those are very nice speakers indeed, I will try them one day, thanks

I quickly replaced my KEF ls50s with the Q Acoustics Concept 20s and found them to be much better. I'd love to have the 40s some day.

That's an interesting statement. Can you elaborate?

I'm in the hunt for new speakers (to partner with a sub I think) and I'm torn between the 3020 and LS50. Obviously there is a huge price difference.

That's an interesting statement. Can you elaborate?

I'm in the hunt for new speakers (to partner with a sub I think) and I'm torn between the 3020 and LS50. Obviously there is a huge price difference.
If you're torn between them 2 the Concept 20 should be what your looking at it is more similar to the ls50 in its target audience and design goals.....

Last edited:
If you're torn between them 2 the Concept 20 should be what your looking at it has the it's more similar to the ls50 in its target audience and design 3020.....

Plus I can buy a sub and stands too for the price of the LS50's on their own.

Plus I can buy a sub and stands too for the price of the LS50's on their own.
No doubt about it, the ls50's are all time great though, but so are the Concept 20's they are a far better bargain for what they do and how their built....

I agree, I have no plan to replacing LS50's.
I don't blame you, that Parasound a21 is right on the money it is just what the Doctor ordered for the ls50, they like big power, the 20's are more efficient they just need quality power not necessarily big power.

I don't blame you, that Parasound a21 is right on the money it is just what the Doctor ordered for the ls50, they like big power, the 20's are more efficient they just need quality power not necessarily big power.

One time I saw KEF was demoing Blade 2 and LS50s with A21 and it sounded so good that got me into thinking of replacing my Ascend towers with Blade 2 but I just couldn't afford it, end up buying LS50s and happily ever after.

One time I saw KEF was demoing Blade 2 and LS50s with A21 and it sounded so good that got me into thinking of replacing my Ascend towers with Blade 2 but I just couldn't afford it, end up buying LS50s and happily ever after.
That's a sweet combo I also got a chance to hear the ls50 with the JC-1 monoblocks whooo...

Back
Top Bottom