Vintage Fords, Lincolns, and Mercurys!!

587859_18530614_1939_Lincoln_Zephyr.jpg

I love the Lincoln Zephyr .

Where's the roll cage, and does it hook up? ;)

On a serious note. Didn't they come with a hoop right behind the front seats? My memory isn't as sharp as it once was.

Had a buddy who used to "borrow" his fathers '67 GT350 convertible back in high school, yes it was a 289, 4-speed . Even in 1976 it got tons of attention. Wonder what that car is worth today? It was a preserved car even then, only out on Friday nights and sunny weekends...

The "beauty bar" as they are called are aftermarket and can be fitted to many Mustangs. It's just for looks and wouldn't help in a roll over.

In S.C. there's no state required inspection for emissions which means some folks remove their cat converters. I wouldn't but the previous owner did and man what a gorgeous sound. No American made V8 with low restriction exhaust sounds as good as a Ford. Chevy and Mopar muscle car enthusiasts will tell you the same thing.

ATTENTION TORINO OWNERS going to Carlisle Ford Nationals this June 3 - 5.
Paul Michael Glaser (STARSKY) will be there along with Antonio Fargas (HUGGY BEAR). On Sunday, Paul will be doing something never done before. He will drive your S&H Torino for a short ride around the Carlisle track with you riding shotgun and your wife or husband in the back seat.
So for a fee you can say and have pictures and video of the REAL STARSKY driving your car. Keep in mind, this is a first and probable last time this will ever happen, so plan ahead to get all your memorabilia and car signed and driven.

Info can be had on the FaceBook page StarskyTorino .

Last edited:
ATTENTION TORINO OWNERS going to Carlisle Ford Nationals this June 3 - 5.
Paul Michael Glaser (STARSKY) will be there along with Antonio Fargas (HUGGY BEAR). On Sunday, Paul will be doing something never done before. He will drive your S&H Torino for a short ride around the Carlisle track with you riding shotgun and your wife or husband in the back seat.
So for a fee you can say and have pictures and video of the REAL STARSKY driving your car. Keep in mind, this is a first and probable last time this will ever happen, so plan ahead to get all your memorabilia and car signed and driven.

Info can be had on the FaceBook page StarskyTorino .

I'm in. Ben Stiller signed my car back in 2004, so I'll have both "Starsky's" signatures.

I didn't think I was going to make it. Had a bunch of what turned out to be minor issues with my new engine, but it runs well enough for the show and the track ride. Just need to finish the center console and get her all cleaned and polished up. Only three weeks to go...

DSC_0062.JPG

Here`s my daily driven -64 (un-)Fairlane 500, originally a 260cui w. 3sp manual. AFR-headed 10-1 359W+hotted up C4+diffed rear now. Pic from yesterday btw, had a coke and a smile

Last edited:

Did you make it?

Met some nice folks, but I was pretty disappointed in the S&H part. Things were pretty disorganized IMHO. Parts of it were downright rude.

Made two visits to the vip building to get some things signed (and spend a ton of money). I was turned away both Saturday and Sunday because I was "too late"...pretty disappointing since the only reason we went was for my wife to meet PMG and Antonio Fargas.

Where I come from you don't turn folks away at this type of event. There was no line, no one in front of us and no one after us. Nothing, just tough shit buddy, hit the bricks, we're done here. It would have been nothing for them to take five minutes to sign some crap, collect some tribute, and shake her hand.

I could understand if there were tons of people. You have to call an end at some point, but that was not the case.

The sign and drive started early and was finished before the published "start" time. If anyone showed up on time they would have missed it.

Pay a couple hundred to let someone else beat on your car. My wife is a near invalid and has five of her seven cervical vertebrae fused, in addition to degenerative disk disease and a collapsed disks in her lumbar and thoracic region. She walks with a cane and can barely turn her head. I told him she has a "bad back" so please take it easy out on the track. He nearly spun the car and fish tailed it wildly enough her head bounced off the A-pillar. She ended up with a goose-egg on her head and was in enough pain her pain melds wouldn't cover it on the drive home.

All in all I could have better spent a couple thousand dollars on something else and saved the vacation days for better use. I did meet some nice folks and that's the only positive take away.

Did you make it?

Met some nice folks, but I was pretty disappointed in the S&H part. Things were pretty disorganized IMHO. Parts of it were downright rude.

Made two visits to the vip building to get some things signed (and spend a ton of money). I was turned away both Saturday and Sunday because I was "too late"...pretty disappointing since the only reason we went was for my wife to meet PMG and Antonio Fargas.

Where I come from you don't turn folks away at this type of event. There was no line, no one in front of us and no one after us. Nothing, just tough shit buddy, hit the bricks, we're done here. It would have been nothing for them to take five minutes to sign some crap, collect some tribute, and shake her hand.

I could understand if there were tons of people. You have to call an end at some point, but that was not the case.

The sign and drive started early and was finished before the published "start" time. If anyone showed up on time they would have missed it.

Pay a couple hundred to let someone else beat on your car. My wife is a near invalid and has five of her seven cervical vertebrae fused, in addition to degenerative disk disease and a collapsed disks in her lumbar and thoracic region. She walks with a cane and can barely turn her head. I told him she has a "bad back" so please take it easy out on the track. He nearly spun the car and fish tailed it wildly enough her head bounced off the A-pillar. She ended up with a goose-egg on her head and was in enough pain her pain melds wouldn't cover it on the drive home.

All in all I could have better spent a couple thousand dollars on something else and saved the vacation days for better use. I did meet some nice folks and that's the only positive take away.

Yes I was there . Sorry about your bad experience . Paul and Antonio came out and signed cars too . I took off before the drive around because someone said hail was coming . I was the guy with the big mustache and Starsky piñata .

Yes I was there . Sorry about your bad experience . Paul and Antonio came out and signed cars too . I took off before the drive around because someone said hail was coming . I was the guy with the big mustache and Starsky piñata .

Too bad we didn't get a chance to meet.

We had to go through some decent rainstorms through the mountains on the way home, but no issues, and no hail.

My 14 year old 2500HD pulled that trailer there and back without a complaint;).

We had to go through some decent rainstorms through the mountains on the way home, but no issues, and no hail.

We left about 10:30 and got rained on too . We were up by the guy playing guitar . I feel bad I missed you .

Last edited:

Are you on this video ?

:eek: I drove a '66 TBird for a while, think it weighed around 4200#, and that was too much for me.

Here is a 62 Fairlane I sold a couple years ago; not much there performance wise but it was an attention-getter.

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg
WOW!! I had one too, back in about 1972-1973 era. Mine had the 221 V8 and auto tranny. Mine was black w/white top.

1959 Fairlane Galaxy 500 Retractable Hardtop

Couple pictures of my brothers Ford (I had to blurr out the plates so the bumpers may look funny)

sideviewweb.jpg

carweb.jpg

dadincarcopy.jpg

Sweet!

Dsc00446m.jpg

Dsc00448m2.jpg

Dsc00444m.jpg

Not a Classic but my Toy 1999 SVT Cobra Mustang
MY FIRST CAR! I had a 1959 Ford Custom 500. It was a police interceptor with 352 V8, dual exhaust, bu=iggest Holley 2 barrel, and the C6 3 speed automatic trans. All black. 13 mpg was a bummer.

So as not to leave any old cars out, Let's see some old Fords, Lincolns and Mercurys :yes:
1966 Galaxie 500 convertible 352, 4 barrel, 3 speed cruise o matic FX auto,4 wheel manual drum brakes. It went 130 mph topped out. This was my high school car/first car. I still have it. Its undergoing a complete restoration, frame off, frame replaced, floor from firewall to rear bumper, and rear 1/4s also replaced. This is an old pic. It will have a 410 horsepower 490 ft lb torque 390 and c6 auto transplanted in soon. I built both of those myself.
galaxie 1.jpg

Are you on this video ?

Yes, my car parked is in the "danger spot". It shows up first at 1:44 and it's parked just to the right of the pavement. Every car came sliding by as they finished the little loop.

This is edited way out of sequence, so I'm glad I saw this video again. My car was the second to the last to actually make the little circuit but it shows up at 4:56 It's my fat ass in the blue shirt and my wife is in the car with PMG. He couldn't operate the shifter, so I had to reach in and put it in gear.

1966 Galaxie 500 convertible 352, 4 barrel, 3 speed cruise o matic FX auto,4 wheel manual drum brakes. It went 130 mph topped out. This was my high school car/first car. I still have it. Its undergoing a complete restoration, frame off, frame replaced, floor from firewall to rear bumper, and rear 1/4s also replaced. This is an old pic. It will have a 410 horsepower 490 ft lb torque 390 and c6 auto transplanted in soon. I built both of those myself.
View attachment 781024

Nice ride. Had a '67 and '69 Galaxy, both with 390's. My '69 had a pretty conservative home-built 390 with factory highway gears. It wouldn't even break the tires loose from a standing start, but it was a killer second-gear and top-end car. A beast from 60-90, and it would bury the 120 mph speedo.

Good luck with the new build. I'd be interested in your build specs, I love FE motors. That's a pretty optimistic torque figure for a stock-stroke crank and factory heads. FE motors are even more expensive to build than Clevelands...and that's saying something.

Nice ride. Had a '67 and '69 Galaxy, both with 390's. My '69 had a pretty conservative home-built 390 with factory highway gears. It wouldn't even break the tires loose from a standing start, but it was a killer second-gear and top-end car. A beast from 60-90, and it would bury the 120 mph speedo.

Good luck with the new build. I'd be interested in your build specs, I love FE motors. That's a pretty optimistic torque figure for a stock-stroke crank and factory heads. FE motors are even more expensive to build than Clevelands...and that's saying something.
Its a .20 over low milage block. It was clean when it was opened up no sludge, barely any carbon on pistons. I sold the stock pistons lol. It was nearly within spec to run with stock pistons and rings. Bearing journals are within spec: rods (C7AE) on high end of spec and mains well within.
I have C3AE-C heads from the 300 horse 390, ported and shaved to 66CC chambers. 10.5:1 compression. Cam is flat tappet Lunati 62002 0.548 lift on exhaust 228 duration or so, billet rocker arm stands with end stands, custom length pushrods, Edelbrock RPM intake 750 CFM Summit carb(copy of the old Holley 4010) annular booster venturis like the old Autolite carbs(Holley bought the rights to this design from Ford). Hooker headers with 2 inch primaries . Oh MSD 6AL ignition box triggered by a Duraspark distributor that has been rebuilt and recurved.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom