Led Zeppelin I - The Greatest Debut Album Of All Time?

I would say Led Zeppelin I is the greatest cover album ever done.

I think Five Leaves Left by Nick Drake is probably the greatest debut album ever, although most probably missed it at the time.

I would say Led Zeppelin I is the greatest cover album ever done.

I think Five Leaves Left by Nick Drake is probably the greatest debut album ever, although most probably missed it at the time.

Did you mean "cover album" or album cover?

Many of the songs are rearrangements of older blues tunes and Babe I'm Gonna Leave You was written by Anne Bredon. They were lax in crediting the true writers,
although the Bredon case may have been a mistake since Baez had not credited her earlier...Plant and Page liked the Baez version.
The phrase Dazed and Confused was from another older song also.

Not too shabby for a first album. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Lynyrdskynyrd.jpg

Let us not forget Foreigner on the sales of Debut LP's in the US seems like we miss the discussion about this group when we come to opening LPS from supergroups of this era..I love LZ also but giving Foreigner a little love is not a bad thing when you see the number of hits that came off that first LP. And it is Cold as Ice where I live today 5 degrees this Am.

It's no secret that Zeppelin is the greatest band of all time(imho)
So for me it's a no brainer.But there's so many others how about blizzard of Oz I mean Randy Rhoads is on fire. Some one also someone also said the doors
And are you experienced. And I must also agree with the guys that said Zeppelin 2 is better.
LZF

Back
Top Bottom