What was the best receiver turntable all in one system?

jim t

My brother got a Sony Hp 610 receiver with a built in dual turntable and I was wondering who made the TOTL all in one R&T combos. I've seen allot of Lyolds and cheap radio shack and other brands, but did Marantz or Kenwood or any of the other brands make any desireable combos?

Down the isle to the left, right under the blue flashing light...

Now why would you want to do something like that to yourself ?

A mid-seventies Panasonic was the best that a multiplex ever got !

Marantz made a receiver (Model 25?) with available cabinets that were precut to fit turntables of tat era. Dual and Elac/Miracord come to mind.

Also, the big names back in "the day" (Scott, Fisher, KLH and, I believe) and KLH also made three piece systems with a receiver and a decent quality turntables.

fisher all in one.jpg

Last edited:
Probably better out there but Benjamin put together a pretty decent three piece system with an Elac PW50 turntable and cartridge on top of a pretty decent USA made receiver of some unknown make, , EMI speakers . Pretty high quality components. I have the mid level 1045 and it is a pretty stout outfit.

I had that same Sony(or maybe mine was a 810) and it was a really nice system.
Nice sound, Nice build quality and beautiful wood.

Bang & Olufsen Beocenter

hqdefault.jpg

Fisher, Scott, Harmon Kardon, KLH, Marantz, and surprisingly Sylvania, had some nice ones.

That Braun is a beauty but very pricey and rare. B&O had a few good ones.

I and a friend each bought an Altec Lansing model 911 from Stereo Warehouse. I believe was about 44 wpc. It had a Garrard SL95 automatic turntable.

I guess this Panasonic doesn't really count because it doesn't have a TT on top, but it DOES have a cassette deck, so it's kind of an all in one.

index.php

Had it come into a charity garage sale I help with and I was impressed.

I garage saled a different Panasonic a few years back that was silver faced and had a TT. I was equally impressed with that one. Flywheel tuning on both and good sound.

I picked up a beautiful Harmon Kardon SC440 with a walnut case. Early SS, AM and FM tuner with a Garrard TT on top.
It was quite expensive in it's day.
Just one more thing I need to get rid of, why do I collect these things? LOL

BillWojo

Back
Top Bottom